• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm sure that the media-infotainment complex will "the sky is falling" until they need some other drama to generate clicks.

At least with earthquakes, there's no hype before hand :)
You know, historically, media companies, and particularly newspapers have always been more interested in headlines that information. Most people don't know it, but many newspapers were actually started by one political party or the other. For example, the New York Times used to support the Republican Party. And back when 24 hour cable news channels were first getting started, they started rushing stories to the air whether they had all the facts or not. They still do.

unreal

Noteworthy
You know, historically, media companies, and particularly newspapers have always been more interested in headlines that information. Most people don't know it, but many newspapers were actually started by one political party or the other. For example, the New York Times used to support the Republican Party. And back when 24 hour cable news channels were first getting started, they started rushing stories to the air whether they had all the facts or not. They still do.
I do know :)

I tend to read the Atlantic.

The Spanish American War sold a lot of papers :D

I''m pretty much convinced that the a (the) world spanning social network will eventually be the end of the species. Domino effect.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm sure that the media-infotainment complex will "the sky is falling" until they need some other drama to generate clicks.

At least with earthquakes, there's no hype before hand :)
That's not quite true. They're still predicting the earthquake that will make California fall off into the ocean, and the giant volcano eruption in Yellowstone for their super caldera. They've been predicting that earth quake since I was a kid.:sneaky:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
They'll go on predicting it until we get one.

And then they'll start predicting the next one.

aqua1955

It has started to become autumn. A little fog, rain and sunshine. Temperatures around 8 at night and 13 to 18 Celsius during the day. Leaves colour the season and the fields get empty and colorless. The only problem we face is heath. Gas has been double priced.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Same here. We've been having a weird summer which would give us 3-4 hot days and then a cool overcast for most of a week. About a week ago we caught the edge of a tropical storm hustling up from Baja to Ventura and points north along the coast. Got a couple of heavy showers along with thunder and lightning for nearly two hours.

Then it was back to sunny weather for about three days, and then we got a significant windstorm overnight, and the temperature plummeted. Right now, it's doing a very good imitation of a SoCal winter.

eclark1894

Visionary
Same here. We've been having a weird summer which would give us 3-4 hot days and then a cool overcast for most of a week. About a week ago we caught the edge of a tropical storm hustling up from Baja to Ventura and points north along the coast. Got a couple of heavy showers along with thunder and lightning for nearly two hours.

Then it was back to sunny weather for about three days, and then we got a significant windstorm overnight, and the temperature plummeted. Right now, it's doing a very good imitation of a SoCal winter.
I think I remember an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies when the temperature plummeted... all the way to 65. :sneaky:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Got up to 75 here today! Three or four days in the 70s, but come the weekend, we'll be back in the 60s. During the day.

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, it was 66 at 11:30 this morning at my computer. That feels chilly when you're sitting still.

unreal

Noteworthy
That's not quite true. They're still predicting the earthquake that will make California fall off into the ocean, and the giant volcano eruption in Yellowstone for their super caldera. They've been predicting that earth quake since I was a kid.:sneaky:
Well, sure. But that's like the guy on the corner with "The World is Ending" sign. Or, in SF, the guy with the 5 Galaxies sign. Constant Scenery. I mean the "we cut away now to talk to some expert at at university who once published a paper about a guy who worked with a team that had a member who on worked on a math problem while playing the game, quake, to tell us what's not happening. Bob, over to you!"

That sort of coverage.

The kind that give you assurance that the inventor of television (Farnsworth) is deservedly burning in one of the inner circles of Hell.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And this morning it is overcast and drizzled overnight. Spin the wheel, take a number.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's 46° here right now. It was in the low 50s this afternoon, with a brisk breeze. The wind has slowed down quite a bit, which usually makes a big difference.