• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Now that I'm seeing it on a different screen (and not in my modeler) I'm beginning to think I can lose the armor bits and just use the bodysuit, jacket and headgear. I can't decide.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You could always do them as separate bits and add more options. Also if parented props you might get less distortion when posing...

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Didn't think about add ons.

I tried parented props, but I'm not great at fix morphs, and they'll need some for sure.

Anyway, here is the suit minus the armor bits. Let me know what you think.

ScreenHunter_285 Apr. 02 00.06.jpg ScreenHunter_286 Apr. 02 00.06.jpg ScreenHunter_287 Apr. 02 00.07.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Still looks cool David. I'd probably use it more like this than with the armor. But if you can get it to work easily the Armor would make a great add on...

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I think you're right. I've just been armor crazy lately (heh, heh). It's amazing how looking at something in a different setting can change everything. I'm still not finished, of course. Hopefully the hair design I have in mind will work.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with Pen, it looks great even without the armor. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hopefully the hair design I have in mind will work.
The hood's design reminds me of the old comic book and animated X-Men series character Gambit, whose hair was always flying all over the place through the top of the hood.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Everyone here is so creative! I'm feeling left out! What does everyone use for modeling? I do have Hexagon. It's a bit dicey to use on this old computer but it does work.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm a Blender fanatic now. I know everyone thinks it's hard to use, but once you get past the intimidation of learning the interface, it's a great program!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've had Hex, but it was flaky on this laptop. I prefer Blender, and have been using/learning it for years. I also splurged during a great sale last year and got Silo, which is a nice easy interface to use. In fact, it was the first time I had successfully modeled any clothing. I've only had success with props and environment models in Blender.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I do my modeling in Silo. I moved to Silo from Hex. The transition (for me) was pretty painless.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Oh, I am still working on this outfit, btw. :) It has changed quite a bit, but I'm really liking how it's coming. I hope to have something to show soon.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh, I am still working on this outfit, btw. :) It has changed quite a bit, but I'm really liking how it's coming. I hope to have something to show soon.

Impressive work you've done here David! Thanks for showing what you're doing too. Really nice stuff!!

Good man!