• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Man Of Steel Build Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I don't know... just being overly sensitive I guess. Sorry about that. The last few days have been a nightmare, and with the DLM not working I can't get that SR7 update and that's stressing me out...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm still watching what your doing. Some of us just stay in the background. I used to get that way about my project threads too but then I look at the number of "views" and realize that folks are still watching they just aren't posting. Hope you get your update sooner than later. That's a total bummer!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the fact that I am in the Philippines. I don't know. Why is it I can get to pretty much anything else I want to get to?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know... just being overly sensitive I guess. Sorry about that. The last few days have been a nightmare, and with the DLM not working I can't get that SR7 update and that's stressing me out...
I'm sure. I haven't done the update yet, mostly because I wanted to see what further reports I would find on the forums. I don't use Avast or AVG antivirus, so I don't think I'll have that problem. Just want to make sure it's settled down before I try.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I'm sure. I haven't done the update yet, mostly because I wanted to see what further reports I would find on the forums. I don't use Avast or AVG antivirus, so I don't think I'll have that problem. Just want to make sure it's settled down before I try.
I have AVG and got a notification that there was something going on with the DLM when I attempted to open it the first time. Maybe I need to disable AVG and open it again?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, always disable protections like that. Your on a secured network to download and the download is from a secured network so you should be fine. Just remember to re-enable it afterwards.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Strange. Not an expert at networking and all that but have you tried rebooting the computer, disabling the protections software and then tried to get the update?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
From what I understand, the Avast and AVG warnings are both false positives, but if it's not allowing you to even download, well that's more than what I've been seeing reported.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Strange. Not an expert at networking and all that but have you tried rebooting the computer, disabling the protections software and then tried to get the update?

I am no expert either, by a long shot, but I did do that...

From what I understand, the Avast and AVG warnings are both false positives, but if it's not allowing you to even download, well that's more than what I've been seeing reported.

Yeah, Miss B, this thing is saying it can't even connect to the server. Unavailable is the wording. I suspect being here in the Philippines, but I don't know for certain what the cause is. I did put in a ticket with SM, maybe they know what is going on, and if enough people complained about this last SR...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah, you know? I haven't had to deal with the customer service side of SM before, but have heard the tales of woe. I hope I am won't be adding mine to the list.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
SM sure takes their sweet time answering a damn trouble call. It's the 6th here. The message was posted on the 2nd...

NO ONE HAS ANSWERED IT.

Me195

Extraordinary
SM sure takes their sweet time answering a damn trouble call. It's the 6th here. The message was posted on the 2nd...

NO ONE HAS ANSWERED IT.

Wow, that's pretty crappy. Did you try reinstalling SM's download manager? Hopefully after backing up your installation EXE's.