• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Janet, two seconds after I took that shot, Vesper woke up and realised Grey was so close, snarled and then went back to sleep. She is slowly getting used to the additional 3 cats we have. As I type this Grey is sitting on the desk with his paw on my keyboard...he likes to stay close.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My 17 year old kitty has had to go in for Vitamin B12 shots once a week for the past couple of months. He's been real good about it, he despises car rides. But yesterday he threw a hissy fit when we got home. He was cuddled up right next to me all day the day before but yesterday after he got home he wouldn't even look at me. Today he cuddled for a little while then laid down next to me. What a drama queen!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Tsuki doesn't mind the car ride unless it takes us too long to get home after visiting the vet. She also doesn't mind when we are in the waiting room, and she's still ok when we go back into the exam room ... as long as she's safe in her carrier.

It's only when any of the vets come into the exam room that she goes wild. Even the last vet who was new since our previous visit. Growling, hissing, attacking. More so than ever before. She is NOT going to be removed from her carrier, and they are NOT going to lay their hands upon any part of her body. They'd sprayed the room and the towel with Feliway before they brought us into the room.

For the last visit, they didn't attempt to remove her from the carrier, but slid a towel in over her as they unzipped the carrier, and wrapped the towel around her. The vet managed to give her the rabies shot, and was able to determine she was healthy. But there was no attempt to weigh her. Nor did they attempt to remove the towel at the end of the exam.

She continued growling for a good ten minutes after we'd been driving back home.

As frightening and stressful as this is for me, I can't even imagine how terrified she is and how stressful it is for her. Fortunately, she doesn't blame me for putting her in danger and seems to believe I've rescued her once we are in the car.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We need a care emoticon...our three young cats are all easily spooked. If the doorbell rings they run and hide.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ended up being adopted by this little furball about three months back now, was underfed and miss treated when she moved in. Would run from anyone but me and my son, had someone pop into day and she never moved from the patch of sun by the ranchslider even when they sat in the chair next to her :)
Catbed.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
That she is Janet, so small though lol I have to check where on the bed she is at night so I dont roll on her as too light to feel

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What a lovely kitty Dreamer.

That she is Janet. Even though the vets are all good, each visit increases her fear. Her initial visit went well, until the vet tried to take her temperature. The next visit, she was a bit skittish. And of course, she had to have shots.

Then I had to take her to the vet several times because she apparently has some kind of allergy and would over groom an area until it got infected. That meant antibiotic shots. So now she associates the vet with getting stabbed.

I know now to check her regularly for bald spots and put her into a collar when I find a bald spot. I also have a spray from the vet that is supposed to calm the itching. So, we haven't needed to go in for antibiotic shots. But cats have a terrific memory of situations where they are hurt, which explains why each visit has increased her fear.

But oh my gosh. Talk about drama queen! As soon as I put the collar on, she acts totally broken. She slinks along the floor with her belly practically dragging on the floor. She walks normally when she forgets about the collar, until something reminds her that she's wearing the collar, then it's broken kitty again. She also can't deal with not being able to groom herself, and she demands I scratch under collar while she grooms the collar.

She's also discovered that sometimes she's able to slip out of the collar as the top Velcro strip doesn't hold anymore, and she can unpeel the second Velcro strip.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
So far have had to take Kitt to the vet three times, shots, desexed and for a weekend stay in their cattery. Each time she has put herself in the carrier and only got a bit worried when there was a dog in the waiting area.
She has how ever let me know once we are home that she wasn't too amused with the whole idea, lots of dirty looks and demanding she be the center of attention for a day or two

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Satira Capriccio That's next level drama queen! I imagine it's stressful for you to watch her doing that.

A year after I moved up here Zad got a liver infection. Fortunately we had already found some amazingly awesome vets in town. He had to have a feeding tube and everything. I bet he's been to the vets 50 times in the 6 years I've lived here.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Most Cats wear baby sizes 0-3 months clothes, that can be way more less stressful than a cone (of course depending on where she's licking eg: wouldn't work if her feet).

Terre

Renowned
We've gotten lucky first with Cat and now with Red. Shots are no problem at all. No fighting, just squirming to try and get away.
Dreamer, it sound like that pretty girl came to the right place at the right time.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Usually it's under her chin or the upper part of her front legs. This time it was a smallish spot under her jaw, a few days later, I spotted a huge bald patch between her leg and chest. First time she'd defurred that large a patch. I caught both spots before she'd got them raw enough to scab.

The collar is a soft foam, which I fold back over her shoulders, so it doesn't interfere with her ability to eat (or walk through doorways). The hard plastic collar the vet sent her home in the first time kept getting caught on the doorway as she tried to walk through it. She'd back up, and try again, only to have the collar catch on the doorway again.

In the first picture, the area she's over groomed is that dark looking spot on her leg just below the green petal.
1593170438254.png

This picture shows how perfect it is as a pillow.
1593170447656.png