• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

McGyver

Energetic
Yup, it’s DAZ’s craptastic forum software...
I can’t upload images from any iOS devices anymore, I can’t even link to offsite images.

McGyver

Energetic
Now trying to unsee that image! :sick:

Dana

You know, in retrospect, I should have thought about it before I uploaded that image.
For the record that’s “Ravioli” or something like that... it’s the hamster in my daughter’s biology class... he bit her and I asked her to describe him like I was a police artist trying to draw a suspect...
Thats nothing like what she described... but I feel it captured ravioli’s inner hamsterness...
Blame apple for making the Apple Pencil... or pen... whatever it’s called, which now allows me to scribble in digital formats.

Terre

Renowned
LOL
A friend who works right by the Longbridge was reeeeally glad he decided to work from home today. That spot made the national news in Britain.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
One downpour ended, another (of possibly biblical proportions) about to begin. I've just started up Poser to work on an image only to be locked out and told: UNABLE TO CONTACT LICENSE SERVER! You must have an active Internet collection to renew your lease. Excuse moi, but wasn't that one of the reasons for the update? I put up with that rubbish with Poser 11 every month and I am not impressed with buying the Poser 11 Pro upgrade, loading the update which supposedly fixed that very problem only to see it recur. Current weather then is gathering stormclouds and a potential for severe damage from lightning strikes from this direction. Rubber boots highly recommended! :mad:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Am I correct in assuming your computer is connected to the Internet? If not, that's the issue. Others who have Poser installed on computers not connected to the Internet have been having issues.

If it is connected to the Internet, have you installed any of the updates from Bondware for PP11 Mytho? There have been at least 2 that I'm aware of. The current updates are dated 9/26/19. SM's server is gone now, and you need to get the Bondware updates in order to continue.

You will need your S/N to access the page where the new content is for download.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I only connect to the Internet when I want to go online Miss B. Otherwise I work offline. I have purchased the Poser 11 Pro upgrade and downloaded the update in the belief that this would fix the underhanded way in which SM dealt with licensing. Indeed that was one of the big selling points made by Rendo when they released the update. Thus there should be no need to be continually connected to the Internet and wasting my limited bandwith just because Rendo/Bondware has simply replaced SM's underhanded 'phone home' system with their own identical system. Indeed, I've been informed that I now have to put in a ticket with Rendo to actually correct the fix they claim to have already dealt with. At the moment, you can assume I am 'mildly irritated' with them for being less than forthcoming. You'll know I'm bloody angry when you see angels diving for cover! :devil"

Miss B

CV-BEE
I suspect that it's one of those things that can't be fixed that easily/quickly, so for now at least, folks will have to put in a support ticket. I'm sure by the time they get to Poser 12, or maybe even sooner, that won't be necessary anymore.

Bondware hasn't had the software long enough to get everything transitioned so, yes, it can be irritating, but I wouldn't blame them if that were my case as well. I never liked that phone home issue, though I'm online as soon as I boot up, so have never had to deal with it, but can understand how you feel about it.

Sad to say they probably won't have a lot of continuing customers partially because of that specific issue. I find Poser a lot easier to use than DAZ and I probably won't try to even use poser again just because of the authentication issues.

Terre

Renowned
If that isn't changed my husband probably will never upgrade form PP2014. Like many in this community he wants to own the program. Not rent it which is really what that phone home stuff amounts to.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, they have plans to fix that, it's just not something they can just snap their fingers and it's done. Something like this takes time, and they haven't had the software long enough to get everything done, so hang in there folks.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Even if they hadn't thought of it before hand, which I'm sure they did, there's been enough threads/comments on their forum complaining as you folks are, so they are well aware of this issue.