• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I decided my chickens needed a home, so I modeled one over the weekend... still need to refine textures, add dump/displacement maps and add in nesting pads and food/water bowls props.

Henhouse.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yesterday, I saw a bunch of little turtles crossing the street. There is a pond across the street from my house. Many had been run over, but some were still safe. I carried them to one side or the other of the road. Found out tonight, with Google image search, they were baby snapping turtles. Wonder why they were crossing the street?

Turtle.jpg

Riccardo

Adventurous
Yesterday, I saw a bunch of little turtles crossing the street. There is a pond across the street from my house. Many had been run over, but some were still safe. I carried them to one side or the other of the road. Found out tonight, with Google image search, they were baby snapping turtles. Wonder why they were crossing the street?

View attachment 78085
Well done. I'll add that I heard that when you help an animal that way, try to carry it to the direction he wanted to go to. Otherwise, if taken to the opposite side, it will try again to cross the street and be in danger again.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well done. I'll add that I heard that when you help an animal that way, try to carry it to the direction he wanted to go to. Otherwise, if taken to the opposite side, it will try again to cross the street and be in danger again.
Haven't seen them again, not even more squished ones.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, tomorrow (9/29) marks my Tarantula release at Renderosity. I'll have it plus other related items on sale for a week.

While I've been steadily posting spider images, I felt I needed one last image to set off the launch... so here my "Things that skitter in the night".

I think it says everything you need to know about the set ;)
I also encourage everyone to look at FlintHawk's images-- there's some really nice ones.

Things that Skitter in the Night.jpg

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Isn’t it great when you’re watching TV when a spider spins down from the ceiling and lands on your head and runs down the side of your face!.. makes one feel alive and really tests out your reflexes… :eek:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And the air volume of your lungs. You also learn if you can scream and inhale at the same time. LOL.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's an image using both my Australorp (Australian) Chickens and Chicken Coop in Iray. The Chickens and Coop will be released near the end of October (or very early November-- depends on what Rendo Marketing wants to do with it). I'm now starting work on what will probably be my final set of the year, "SBRM Cuckoos".

australorps.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking great Ken, but is it only going to be in DS/Iray, or am I misinterpreting what you said?