• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Very nice lighting over the water :) It's kind of a new thing for me, so I have a lot to learn. The horizon line looks nice. I notice things like that now since I know what it takes to make the lighting behave. The water almost looks like Vue quality.

Agree with Construct mats wish :) I don't know if he does any water, but I keep an eye out for any new releases in his ShareCG gallery.

I was pondering how he did this image, and seems he may have used this armillary, or a variation of it, in order to do the Poser 11 icon. It's all in the mats, turning the sphere into transparent glass. Fascinating.

You'd probably do a beautiful job with Forester's 1st Century boat...it's a modeled replica of a boat that was excavated from the area around northwestern Galilee...what could be preserved is in a museum now, and is called the Jesus boat. It's nice to have a picture in one's mind of what fishing on Galilee was like for the disciples, or what getting caught in a storm was like in a small vessel. The full sail, and furled sail versions of the boat are free at Rendo. I plan to do fishing pose sets, and I wanted to do a storm scene, and a Jesus teaching from the boat at the shore scene. Please, feel free to show me up all over the place, if you should get an interest in doing any water scenes with it. The whole point of the project was to provide biblical illustration content for folks to use in ministry projects, since this type of thing is so difficult, if not impossible, to find. So go for it Dani, if you feel any interest in it at all.

Well, have finished breakfast and need to take my meds...and I'm thinking that the trip out needs to be done tomorrow. I've promised myself that when I feel a little tired, that I won't push like I used to. And we'll probably hear Terre shouting "hallelujah, at last she's getting it"....haha. All the storms that have recently been passing over the east coast tend to increase the humidity a lot...which for me is like trying to breathe soup...so they're promising that it will lift today and tomorrow, so that's when I can venture outside. But I think today, I may relax back...and maybe allow my creative imagination time to roam a little :)

Will be offline briefly, while I switch to the bedside workstation....aka sky's lab :)

:drawing:

Linda B

Extraordinary
East coast here too. Need to mow grass but its too wet. Love the water in your render Dani, very realistic. Well, back to work for me. Lucky me, I work from home.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Oh, I worked from home for about a year, and loved it...I needed the break and opted to work from home. It was wonderful...I loved it :)

skylab

Esteemed
Thought it's worth mentioning, other similar projects as the one with Forester include two with Mark Fowler, who calls himself Hypnagogia on ShareCG...he modeled the Last Supper scene, and a detailed Crucifixion scene for me. I followed along with corresponding pose sets for the crucifixion, plus an add-on pose set for that project, and several pose sets for the Last Supper, including a set for Apollo, and a set for M4, or the M4 set is included in a big bundle of poses. There's also a set for Dusk. There are corresponding sets for DAZ Studio, which can be found here. I even did a Last Supper set for Hein, not to be offensive, but rather to be cute, like for children's ministry :)

So far I have one pose set for Forester's boat, for M4, called Kinneret Boat - M4 The Decision. I have a few sets yet to do for this project.

There are several other similar free sets, starting at around page 4 in my ShareCG stuff. I used to work with Pappy a lot, who used to sell on Rendo before retiring. A lot of his projects started with our emails back and forth, and shared reference photos. I've been doing this on the side for a long time, in hopes of putting tools in the hands of other, more capable 3D artists, for ministry use.

So, now you know what I do when I'm not doing Nursoda funny stuff :) Seeing the Hein Last Supper set has my wheels and gears turning now...I never considered Doc for such a project....hmmm...or maybe a fisherman. That would sure be fun :)

Well, I'll stretch out here in my pondering place, while Matlock is on.

:angel:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm getting ready to package that Jagger hair. I'll upload it to dropbox and if a couple people could try it out and it works I'll upload to Renderosity freestuff.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
bean.jpg
Bean hair?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Love it! I realized I forgot to parent it to the head so just uploaded the fixed on Hope you got that one.