• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately now, however, the Bryce forum at Renderosity is pretty quiet. Still some folks who use it, but not that many.

I used to be an avid Bryce user before it was acquired by DAZ. I loved what it could do, but performance was terribly slow. There was an update that claimed to improve performance, I believe it was 7.5? Personally, it was still terribly slow for me. It was Ok back then, but not so much nowadays. Maybe that's what kept Bryce from gaining popularity these days?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I had a copy of Bryce sine the developers had a table at a MacWorld Expo where they were demonstrating something like an 0.9 beta version.

I think I only tried to use it once. Three hours after I set it to rendering I discovered that my scene was underwater.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I used Bryce a lot to make various stuff long before DAZ got it same with Carrara on the side with Poser 4 , but after Vue arrived I dropped Bryce, what else was there from old times .. Terragen anybody ?
some of my renders in old times took 24h or longer .. how in the world I had so much patience lol sadly my first and oldest account at rendo was removed and I lost all my oldest creations

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I started out in 3D as a landscape artist, so Bryce, and yes Terragen were 3D apps I liked to use. I even imported a Terragen landscape into Bryce for rendering. ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I started out in 3D as a landscape artist, so Bryce, and yes Terragen were 3D apps I liked to use. I even imported a Terragen landscape into Bryce for rendering. ;)
I did the same .. the reason I had it , it was a cute little program , before Poser 4 I was doing things in Maya , but my instructor points me to the newest release of Poser4 and that is how the adventure started.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, I didn't get to Poser until version 5 on my last desktop, and then switched to DS 2.0 on my first laptop, and since I was having issues with P5, though I think it was more the old Windows 98SE that was the actual issue.

I didn't get back to Poser until P9, and that was because I was no longer interested in DS4 and Genesis past Genesis 1 and 2.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I had a hard time to adapt to DS and did only after Genesis was released for making assets for both DS and Poser via DSON , I preferred Carrara for my rendering and amazing little things it offered at that time. But then iray happen and I was back .. the only reason since I could render my Poser assets in iray as well and very quick with my 12K Cuda cores and I was very familiar with PBR . I used all Poser versions only for technical stuff but never again for rendering. Poser12 render very fast for me because I have very good workstation with a lot of GPU horsepower that renders in seconds , but I still missing couple of things that hopefully get added soon ! finger crossed.. it is going to be a new adventure again !

Carey

Extraordinary
king-kong.jpg

Primeval