• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Those are lovely Pen. You should add that top one to the Media gallery too. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Very nice Satira and Pen! I commented I think in the Gallery forum on the above. The Gen3 dress looks very nice.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Which hair is that Pen? Which version of Poser?

It probably is the hair, especially if it's a converted hair.

If you have Poser 10+, you could try enabling Subdivision on the hair.

If it's HR2 hair,

Select Dawn
Go to Figures (on the Menu)
Select Skinning Method
Check Poser Unimesh
Switch to Dawn's Properties tab and set Subdivision Levels Preview to 1 (Render will automatically change to 1).

Select the Hair
Switch to the Hair's Properties tab and set Subdivision Levels Preview to 1 (Render will automatically change to 1).
If it's CR2 Hair

Select the Hair
Go to Figures (on the Menu)
Select Skinning Method
Check Poser Unimesh
Switch to the Hair's Properties tab and set Subdivision Levels Preview to 1 (Render will automatically change to 1).​

See if that helps.

I found my post to you on the old forums regarding rendering settings :wink:

I use these settings in Poser Pro 2014 (and now Poser Pro 11) for draft renders:

Render Settings:
Cast Shadows - Checked
Subsurface Scattering - Checked

Raytracing - Checked
Raytracing bounces - 1

Irradiance caching - 50

Indirect Light - Unchecked

If using IDL (Sphere or dome needs to be in the scene for light to bounce off. Sphere or dome has Light emitter checked.
Indirect Light - Checked
Indirect Light Quality - 7

Pixel samples - 3
Min shading Rate - 3.00

Max bucket size - 32
Min displacement bounds 0

Smooth polygons - checked
User displacement maps - checked​

With Final renders, I increase Indirect Light Quality to 50, Pixel samples to 10, and reduce Min shading rate to 0.10
Once you have settings you like for rendering, save them as a Preset.
Click Save Preset (Third button to the right below the settings)
Enter a name for the Preset
Click OK​

Lighting:
For Lighting, I use 3 Infinite lights. One for specular, one positioned somewhere in front, and one positioned somewhere behind for a Rim light.

Ray Trace Shadows is enabled for the main light with Shadow Blur Radius set to 10 or 20. Higher results in softer shadows. Lower number results in sharper shadows.

No shadows on the other two lights.

With IDL enabled, I tend to set my main light in the 60-80% range. Specular 50% or higher. All depends on how my initial renders look. Rim 80% or higher. Again, depending on the initial results and what I'm going for.

I don't always find it necessary to set the Ambient Value on the Sphere or Dome to anything higher than 0. And I often leave the color black. But, if you want more IDL in the scene and rely less on your lights, increase the Ambient Value and pick a lighter Ambient Color. I find a little Ambient Value and Color go a long way.
I use the IDL Sphere from IDL Studio 2 (RDNA), but you can use any environmental sphere or dome.
I've used the Skyboxes from Easy Environments (DAZ) and Finks Sky 2 Sunset (Renderosity)

You can also use the free Environmental Sphere from BagginsBill
Thanks for this Satira...

Very nice Satira and Pen! I commented I think in the Gallery forum on the above. The Gen3 dress looks very nice.
Thanks NA

I don't know how I missed these posts previously...

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ms. B and Dawn-- I love that Evenstar dress so much! I can hardly wait for your next pack of clothes.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Your jumpsuit is going to be so awesome. I will probably use it in my Star Trek Renders. I love the kind of retro look you have going on in this package, so cute! I actually check the store about every week looking for your next batch everytime. Dawn is gathering quite the awesome wardrobe.

I try to upload by the 10th of the month although i skipped last month as I had too much on, I don't think I will be doing every month from the new year either as I don't want to swamp you all and I will end up running out of ideas.

This is number 20, last in the batch, sorry for the mini preview but I only had one render done so far and i wanted to show the back view, If all goes to plan I am trying to upload to store on Thurs or Friday.

upload_2015-12-7_17-43-56.png

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
This is so cute and sassy! I am looking forward to this packet hitting the store!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Me too!

(Obviously, since I posted a bazillion to my Nouvelle Aube topic)

I love Harry's expression in the first Willow pic.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY, Richard is back!! Good to see your Dawn renders back on the forum! ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love everyone's imagery. Richard, your work is always welcome and looks just so dang good. Solid work!!!

Keep them coming.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Great images there Richard!

Dawn, your dynamics are just scrumptious!