• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not sure where to post this, I have a question on the winged horse/colors. This is the Arab shape, with the Unicorn texture, the winged horse wings, with the unicorn texture on them, with the Descending Take off pose for the horse, and the Flying 2 Take off Pose for the wings. I tried changing to the Arab/Arab for horse/wings, and tried several poses, and this keeps showing up in the Iray renders, sometimes even worse. If I remove the wings, it goes away. Any clues?

Clipboard01.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Not sure where to post this, I have a question on the winged horse/colors. This is the Arab shape, with the Unicorn texture, the winged horse wings, with the unicorn texture on them, with the Descending Take off pose for the horse, and the Flying 2 Take off Pose for the wings. I tried changing to the Arab/Arab for horse/wings, and tried several poses, and this keeps showing up in the Iray renders, sometimes even worse. If I remove the wings, it goes away. Any clues?

View attachment 71671
yep it to do with the chest part of the wings laying over the same part of the horse. The way to fix it is to select the chest of the wings and scale it to something like 99% that tiny drop puts it under the horses "skin" without visually changing anything

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I agree with @Dreamer on this assessment. What you see in the render are 2 surfaces competing for the render, one on top of the other. You can either scale it down as suggested above, or use the Morph Tool to push it inside the body. Either ones should solve it for you. :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Did you get the updated version of the wings? Coz yes when I was working on these light colored textures I had that issue in spades and Ken added a morph that fixed the wings chest to lie a little under the horse skin.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Did you get the updated version of the wings? Coz yes when I was working on these light colored textures I had that issue in spades and Ken added a morph that fixed the wings chest to lie a little under the horse skin.
I was going to say the same thing... the updated version should fix that. The actual problem is that physical renderers (Iray, Superfly, Vue etc) don't like geometry that is too close to each. This issue does not occur in the older render engines (3Delight, Firefly).

Physical Renderers not knowing how to deal with the close geometry (especially Superfly) create artifacts to show their displeasure with to planes that are touching or close to touching. As CWRW pointed out, in the update version I created an additional morph that separates the geometry enough to minimize that issue. This issue sometimes appears on my birds too. The solution there is to either make the bird fluffier (using the fluff morphs) or turn on the Hide morphs to hide the offending fluff planes.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I know I am late posting Autumn pictures, but we haven't had our first snow, so it doesn't seem like winter yet.

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by HiveWire3D and cwrw at Renderosity
HiveWire Thoroughbred by HiveWire3D and cwrw at Renderosity
CWRW HW Horse Pose Pack 2 by cwrw at Renderosity

Songbird ReMix Sparrows of the World (American Tree Sparrow) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Spiraea japanica bush by Ehsan-soleymannia at CG Trader
Simply Grass-The Rough Stuff by MartinJFrost at DAZ 3D
Serene Woodlands Backgrounds by AdamantGrafix at Renderosity

Autumn Splendor
Autumn Splendor.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Credits:

HiveWire Horse by HiveWire3D and cwrw at Renderosity
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 2 (Red Dunskin) by cwrw at Renderosity
CWRW HW Horse Pose Pack 2 by cwrw at Renderosity

Songbird ReMix Woodland Jewels (Pinyon Jay) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Lisa's Botanicals - Autumn Excursion by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity

Two Autumn aspen tree by Ehsan-soleymannia at CG Trader
Vine Maple 02 by hathienphu88 at CG Trader
v176 Iray Birch Trees by vikike176 at DAZ
Once upon a Forest by Cyriona at Renderosity

Falling Leaves
Falling Leaves.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great renders Flint, and I'm especially liking the second one where Harry's making a new friend. ;)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't know.... I got them right after they came out (same day). And I don't think I updated after that. I'll check Rendo, but I'm still missing a lot of your products, there.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
These big Clydesdale horses are rushing to wish you a Merry Christmas!

Have a great Christmas, friends!

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by HiveWire3D & CWRW at Renderosity
HiveWire Draft Horse by HiveWire3D & CWRW at Renderosity

Songbird ReMix Gamebirds (Mourning Doves) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Rons Powder by deviney at DAZ
Flinks Instant Meadow 2 - Winter 3 by Flink at Renderosity
Public Domain Photo from Needpix

Dancing In the Winter Wind

Dancing In The Winter Wind.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This Shire Draft Horse wanted to say Merry Christmas too!

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at Renderosity
HiveWire Horse - Draft by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at Renderosity
HiveWire Horse - Arabian by HiveWire3D and CWRW at Renderosity

Birds of Legend (Dove of Peace) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Rons Powder by deviney at DAZ
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
RDNA Winter Foliage - Berry Trees 1 by Traveler at DAZ
RDNA WinterLands Vol 1 by Traveler at DAZ
Public Domain Photo from Pxhere

Winter Blossoms
Winter Blossoms.jpg