• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ryverthorn

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It is my sad news to deliver that Wendy Alsamir, known to us as Ryverthorn, passed away on Sunday, June 18. She was in her mid-40s.
Wendy was a talented 3D artist whose skills included modeling, rigging and texturing. Most of her work was on clothing items.

Wendy teamed up with me in my DAZ days to help me on my Hula (female Hawaiian clothes) set. She helped create clothing for the launch of Dawn... to this very day, I still use her "Simplicity" set, as my go-to outfit for Dawn.

She, also, was one of the brave artists that followed me to the newly created Hivewire 3D store and became one of its first CAs.

Her, and along Chuck (Charles Taylor/Nerd3D) and his wife stayed with us during several Siggraph weeks (when the show was in Los Angeles). It was fun having every one around the house sharing good times, good food and gaming into the wee hours.

She was always bright, cheerful and fun to be with. She will be missed.

Wendy, Chris (Creek) and Paul (Lessard) have breakfast (German pancakes) on Ken's front porch on one of the Siggraph weeks.
PaulLessard-ChrisCreek-WendyAlsamir-BreakfastAtKens.jpg

Wendy and Chuck talked with Tony Puryear at Siggraph

wendy-chuck-tonypuryear-atSiggraph.jpg

Wendy, and her husband, Laith

Wendy-Laith-atKens.jpg

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks for posting, Ken.

Wendy was an absolute sweetheart. I had the pleasure of communicating with her in QAV. This is so sad, and she will indeed be missed. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just shocking to hear of this sad news indeed. Thank you Ken for informing us all. Kind of you to create a post here in honor of Wendy.

I remember her as being sweet for sure as has already been said. She had a solid temperament, and was a great hugger too. She is and was very talented at her craft.

You are correct too Ken that she was brave to follow you over to HiveWire to publish content with us. We were most appreciative of that. Loved her work.

She will be missed and remembered as a friend.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WAY too young to leave this mortal coil. SO talented and such a nice person! REST IN PEACE!