• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know I did some creative financial juggling, and found that if I put the two shaders in my cart as a separate item that together they were less than the bundle sale price currently.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's odd. Not sure I've ever seen a bundle be more than the separate items together.

eclark1894

Visionary
I know I did some creative financial juggling, and found that if I put the two shaders in my cart as a separate item that together they were less than the bundle sale price currently.
Really? I bought the bundle for $26. Separately they would have cost me $30.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
it could be because of the "but 2 new items" special, if the bundle and another item was purchased the bundle would have become cheaper as well.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And as there was nothing else I was interested in that was worth the price even if it was 50% off instead of 40%, getting the two separate cost me less than just buying the bundle alone. The bundle counted as one item see? So was only 40% off, where as the two sets of shaders added separately were two. Under normal circumstances the bundle would have been the better deal. I actually double checked.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's the only time where you can actually end up paying less for two items individually put in your cart rather than getting the bundle. Unless of course someone's not paying attention and the items go on sale but the bundle doesn't.

James R.

Busy Bee
Interesting to get email this morning indicating that Dreamland has arrived at DAZ.

9 sets of his low-poly buildings. That's a lot of Poser stuff.

Hmm.

James R.

Busy Bee
At a really low price too! Dreamland has great buildings for city or town making.

Agreed! I bought several of his larger sets from Rendo. He appears to have some things still available there. I wonder if he's going to move over to DAZ entirely. I notice that his product pages at DAZ are very explicit that they are "Poser only".

Hornet3d

Wise
I completely forgot about the Prime situation - my renewal date was well ahead of the annual Prime shin dig and there was already little available to those of us who didn't use Genesis figures or V4, so I didn't bother to renew it.

I renewed way back then and even supported Rendo when they started the change, what a fool I felt later when all the prophets of doom turned out to be right. I found it particularly distasteful that the 'Freebie' was promoted as part of the new Prime Deal only to find out later it was not commissioned by Rendo but was gifted to them by the vendor. Needless to say this time around my Prime membership lapsed.

Agreed! I bought several of his larger sets from Rendo. He appears to have some things still available there. I wonder if he's going to move over to DAZ entirely. I notice that his product pages at DAZ are very explicit that they are "Poser only".

It seems really hard for vendor trying to support Poser at the moment and just where to sell must be a problem. When there was RDNA there was a place to go but many will not shop at Daz on principle, while others find the low priority placed on Poser means most visits will be wasted. While there is Poser stuff at Rendo it has been hard to find and although they are belatedly trying to make it easier, for many, the ship has already sailed. Where then does a vendor go to sell Poser content, other than Hivewire3D of course.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Where then does a vendor go to sell Poser content, other than Hivewire3D of course.

There's actually a number of brokerages - Fantasies Realm, CGBytes, Content Paradise - just to name a few. However, most vendors went to places like RDNA because the reputation for low quality at RO kept them away. It's a shame that many good vendors got buried in low quality stuff at RO.

I like that Hivewire is more particular and we have to go through a very rigorous QA process. It helps a vendor and the brokerage develop a reputation for high quality models.

James R.

Busy Bee
I renewed way back then and even supported Rendo when they started the change, what a fool I felt later when all the prophets of doom turned out to be right. I found it particularly distasteful that the 'Freebie' was promoted as part of the new Prime Deal only to find out later it was not commissioned by Rendo but was gifted to them by the vendor. Needless to say this time around my Prime membership lapsed.

It seems really hard for vendor trying to support Poser at the moment and just where to sell must be a problem. When there was RDNA there was a place to go but many will not shop at Daz on principle, while others find the low priority placed on Poser means most visits will be wasted. While there is Poser stuff at Rendo it has been hard to find and although they are belatedly trying to make it easier, for many, the ship has already sailed. Where then does a vendor go to sell Poser content, other than Hivewire3D of course.

I see your point. But there are a lot of different places to buy Poser products.

Since RDNA died, instead of "one stop shopping" at a large brokerage it now might be necessary to go to your favourite artist's personal website, or to look for them at one of the new brokerages that have started.

However, I have to say that I find the arrival of Dreamland's Poser items at DAZ to be somewhat encouraging.

Maybe they really are serious about expanding their Poser content. I will need to see this before I fully believe it though!

eclark1894

Visionary

Stuff has always been hard to find at Rendo. It's the main reason I don't shop there much. That plus I never know if I'm buying an actual model or just a texture set until I get ready to pu it in my runtime.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Maybe they really are serious about expanding their Poser content. I will need to see this before I fully believe it though!

I think they may have realized the only place NOT making money off DAZ models (V4) was DAZ. Dumb marketing decision to leave that money on the table and walk away.