• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
DAZ buying PoserPros was not about killing a competitor at all, PoserPros had big problems at the time and DAZ bought the store so that it didn't disappear... They kept it running for 3 years before they closed the PP shop to integrate it to their newly created ArtZone shop (which admittedly wasn't exactly their best idea ;))
Yes I remember that. They took it over to help support it, but moving it to ArtZone was definitely not their best move.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 , I do that with plants all the time. Doesn't mean I don't keep buying them and hoping that the next one will live.

@GG, yes Lisa's survive so much better!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thought I'd post this here as it pertains to the discussion. Did anyone know that Sixus has started to do DS stuff again?
Can't post the link but he just released Wings of the Fallen for DS4.9 and a Blind Demon as a joint project over at Daz. I thought he had decided to only do Poser?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Has he...I don't go over there. I thought he was at Rendo though...last I'd seen he'd said that he wasn't doing DS. I was a bit surprised to see him in a newsletter for Daz. I thought at first he had taken his Poser stuff there. I will have to check out CGBytes...

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I'd post this here as it pertains to the discussion. Did anyone know that Sixus has started to do DS stuff again?
Can't post the link but he just released Wings of the Fallen for DS4.9 and a Blind Demon as a joint project over at Daz. I thought he had decided to only do Poser?
After the treatment he got when he released Scarlett over at Rendo, I wouldn't be surprised if he never bothered with Poser content again.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
True I'm just stunned he's doing DS stuff as he stopped doing that some time back. I'm just really surprised. When I saw it in the newsletter I was blown away. I love his stuff and I'm glad he's doing DS again.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'd like @Ken1171 to bring his Animal Ears/Tails over here, I'd buy them! :D (especially if he converted them to DS :p hehehe)

People told me the props work in DS. It has no weight maps, so I think they should work just fine. I know it's an old product, but if I had to make it again, I don't know how I could make it any better - I still use it in my gallery all the time. They also work great with Poser or DS subdivision surfaces, which can turn them as high-res as needed. :)

After the treatment he got when he released Scarlett over at Rendo, I wouldn't be surprised if he never bothered with Poser content again.

I also got poor treatment from the RDNA forums when supporting the new female figure (Pauline) at the Poser 11 release earlier this year, but that didn't change my heart about the software. It wasn't Poser's fault - there are jerks in any forums. ^^

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If it works in DS then you don't have to do anything to it except bring it over here Ken :D hehehe

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just to be sure, I have just tested the ~Animal Anime Pack~ in DS 4.8, and everything worked off the bat, including the EasyPose universal conforming tail. I have also tried converting the tail to hi-res SubD and it still worked normally in DS, just much smoother than before. So I guess this officially confirms what others have said through the past years, it does work in DS as good as in Poser. The posable tail is a universal piece just like the Universal Anime Head, so it can work with any figures. The package includes many different animal ears, but the cat in particular has presets for like a dozen animals, and these morphs all work in DS (now I confirmed that myself). :)

If you guys have any issues with Content Paradise, remember Chuck Taylor (Nerd3D) is a member here in the forums, and you can report any issues, suggestions and concerns about that store directly to him, so he can take action to make it better for everybody. Whenever I find any issues with the store, I always report directly to him - and things get resolved in a timely manner. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise

I purchased Scarlett and thought the way he was treated at Rendo was well over the top, I am not against criticism but much of it was personal, mind you that has more to do with the totally inconsistent moderation policy there, when there is any moderation at all. It may be different now, I don't know I don't go there much.

eclark1894

Visionary
I purchased Scarlett and thought the way he was treated at Rendo was well over the top, I am not against criticism but much of it was personal, mind you that has more to do with the totally inconsistent moderation policy there, when there is any moderation at all. It may be different now, I don't know I don't go there much.
I stayed out of it, I think. I wasn't going to be adopting Scarlett since I had Roxie and my interest in Dawn was growing at the time. Still, I wish now that I had spoken up in his defense. I don't know any figure that's out of the box perfect. Including anyone that's out now and that includes G3 and Dawn.