• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Right Sidebar Links don't work - (was iPad issue)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
When viewing the site on my iPad ( logged on ) the quick menu or recent posts on the RH side won't work when I finger the link ( for want of a better description )

so I wait till I fire up the PC to view those topic replies... via my mouse :rolleyes:

is this a known issue?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just further on this... I mainly use Chrome browser on my PC and today the same thing is happening..

can't click on the links in the rh side .. ( doesn't happen in Edge browser )

:eek:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I uninstalled chrome and got rid of all references to it then reinstalled...

The RH column is still inactive... next thing I'll do is download malwarebytes and check

upload_2016-12-16_16-10-12.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I just tested with my latest version of Firefox on my laptop, and no problem. I don't usually use those links, but thought I'd check to see if Firefox was having a problem too, but it's not.

Sounds like it is a Chrome issue, since you mentioned Edge isn't giving you the problem either.

robert952

Brilliant
Yesterday the link under the 'Members On Line' and 'New Posts' quit working (on the right side of the forum home page).

The links in the menu bar (top of page under the logo) all seem to work fine.

Being a creature of habit, I've gotten use to those links for my daily lurking.

Not a biggie and it could be on my side. (Though links on any other site works with browser.)

If it matters, Chrome (55.0.2883.87 m) and WIN 10.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure it's the forum software being used, as it's new(ish), so other forums you usually visit, most likely aren't using it.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Stranger still, in Chrome, if you right click > inspect, it puts that bar below the forums (normal behaviour) and all of the links are clickable again. I wonder if there's a rogue transparent object (like a div or something w/ a bad z-index) covering the right column when it's in its usual spot.

/edit
That might be exactly what's happening. If I double click somewhere in the sidebar where there's text, text on the main forum index becomes highlighted. That shouldn't happen. Text under my cursor should become highlighted, not text over in another column.

Last edited:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
This same thing happened for me after the the iOS update earlier this month. I hoped last weeks iOS update would fix it but it hasn't. I checked and there are no updates for the sidebar plugin yet.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I just finished installing a forum and media gallery upgrade. It didn't fix the issue on my iPad. I will keep looking.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I was wondering why I all of a sudden got a message the forum was being upgraded, and I should try again a little later. Sorry it didn't fix the issue for you iPad.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
An FYI for you ... AndyB who created a lot of the add ons we are using for the forum is helping me track down what's causing the issues with unclickabke links in the sidebar. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. Eyes, too! ;)

It's affecting the right hand sidebar from my computer browser as well. (I use Opera.) Thanks for the heads up. This is mostly me "marking" the thread in case there's any following updates in the future.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
We are still searching for the bug. No squishing yet, unfortunately.

English Bob

Adventurous
When I'm at the top level (HiveWire 3D Community), there's a column on the right which has Members Online Now, New Posts, and so on.

Sometimes, none of the links in that column are active. They show up in link colour, but I can't click on them. Other times, they work. I haven't found a way to replicate the problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I'll add information later if I find a way to make it happen at will.

I'm on Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 at present - the latest. I had the same result on Opera (which I think uses the Chrome engine nowadays), but Firefox worked.

English Bob

Adventurous
One exception: near the bottom of that column, the link to the latest member in the Forum Statistics box works; also the social media sharing buttons right at the bottom.

robert952

Brilliant
Hmm, I pointed out a similar matter a while ago. I was told it was a browser issue. (Even though I pointed out this is the only site where links used to work quit working.) So, I just started using links in the menu bar as they seemed unaffected. Not end of world issue to fret about.

Then, I read your post and on a whim tried the links. They worked!

I went to verify the version of Chrome I have for comparison. It WAS:
Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit).

Sadly, when I went to get the version number, Chrome updated. It is now the same version you show (Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)). (I might have missed an update or two? 53 to 55?) And the links, indeed, quit working and showing the same issue you describe.

My 'experience' shows we can blame in on the browser.

However, if I were a betting man (and I have been known to post a wager or two), I'd bet this is the only site affected from the multitude I visit on a regular basis. I do find it strange this seems to be a very isolated issue.