• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP RigControl for Dawn 2.0

DanaTA

Distinguished
Are people really that stupid Ken? LOL
You have probably heard some stories like this. They're not just made up jokes...

My good friend was a network administrator. He worked on computers, and had people under him doing it. He went to someone who complained the cup holder wasn't working. What cup holder? The CD tray was being used to hold a coffee mug! True story.

Yes, some people are that...OK, I'll be nice...that computer illiterate!

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My good friend was a network administrator. He worked on computers, and had people under him doing it. He went to someone who complained the cup holder wasn't working. What cup holder? The CD tray was being used to hold a coffee mug! True story.
I know someone who did something like that, though in his case he used the CD tray in his car as a cup holder. I remember looking at him strangely and saying, that's not what it was made for. His wife turned around to me, and gave me the thumbs up, so it was something she obviously said to him as well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

They should get a hint whenever we turn the car on or off, the tray retracts. That would make a pretty poor cup holder. :D

unreal

Noteworthy
Computers were NEW back in those days. There was a lot of confusion, since not many could have a computer of their own at home - they weren't affordable. People fear what they don't understand. I also remember an inkjet color printer could cost as much as $15 thousand. A laser color printer, I was afraid to ask.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're talking about, ken.

Whoops, a recursion error. Nooooooooooooooooooo.........

unreal

Noteworthy
I'm just waiting for the computer (a beast of a machine (iMacPro)) to download the Big Sur upgrade. Since Catalina broke (and i mean broke, as in certain keys on the keyboard haven't worked no matter what, since Catalina accidentally forced itself on my MBP) I have kept everything at Mojave. Also, The only old 32 bit program I use is for Poser: RSR Converter. I don't use it for RSR so much as merging in multiple runtimes. I keep my content divided into runtimes based on character generation, theme (interiors, props, outdoors, cartoon). This makes it relatively easy to shed active runtimes depending on what I'm working on. Also, I use the tabs differently. Textures are kept under the generation tree, which branches into mrphs and textures (where the UV matches). So daz gen4 has it's own runtime. Clothing is kept under props. Textures, morphs, and poses, are kept with the prop/char. Doesn't matter what extension. I find the organization is much easier to find stuff rather than having the same tree in different tabs.

Anyway... mojave is starting to go a bit unstables. granted, I'm doing some dev. But I've had two different machines simply turn off when I'm resizing a window. Up until this last week, mojave has been rock-like. Also, one on the things I use (mkvtoolnix) requires something later than mojave, now. And I'm messing around with custom handbrake compiles. And I'm compiling luxcore (for fun and punishment). SO I need Big Sur.

I worte some python to take the place of RSRConv. Actually, It started as a bash script (I still use) to convert RSR, and extract the installers from old Daz content, I have is rearrange the directory structure as I like, then merge it into appropriate runtimes. The final bit I left off on was the part that went to the content sites, pulled the metadata, kept track of what was installed and where. it also dedupes to hard links. First time I tried that, I made the big mistake of not limiting the deduping to per-runtime. you can guess what happened when I had a runtime inactive and the hardlink pointed across to another runtime. Yes. It fall down, go boom.

48 seconds remaining. Then the update starts. Wish me luck!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'm just waiting for the computer (a beast of a machine (iMacPro)) to download the Big Sur upgrade. Since Catalina broke (and i mean broke, as in certain keys on the keyboard haven't worked no matter what, since Catalina accidentally forced itself on my MBP) I have kept everything at Mojave.

Being a Windows guy, I have no idea what any of that means... LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
They should get a hint whenever we turn the car on or off, the tray retracts. That would make a pretty poor cup holder. :D
It's been a long time, but I think he knew that, and always picked up the cup before shutting off the engine. Otherwise his pants would be wearing the coffee, or whatever else he had in the cup. It wouldn't take someone that many "accidents" before they realized what they need to do to keep their clothes clean. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm just waiting for the computer (a beast of a machine (iMacPro)) to download the Big Sur upgrade. Since Catalina broke (and i mean broke, as in certain keys on the keyboard haven't worked no matter what, since Catalina accidentally forced itself on my MBP) I have kept everything at Mojave.
I can relate to that, because a couple of keys on my laptop haven't worked properly since that weird Windows update last month. ~shakes head~

48 seconds remaining. Then the update starts. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
FingersCrossed.png

unreal

Noteworthy
Bright sunny day. Week 7 (or 8) of our two week "no end in sight" lockdown. Walked the pups in the park. Masked, of course.

Install finished. Was not without some minor speed bumps. I had more 32 bit apps than I thought. None of them particularly important.

First impression: the GUI got a bit uglier. I'm sure the impression will pass. But it got more "cartoony". The rounded corners are like something from when browsers first got CSS support for border-radius. The coloring has all the subtlety of a 1966 Batman episode. Bam. Pow.

In dark mode, it's not horrible different. In light mode, it's uh-glee. GUI Animations are faster though. But this is on an 18 core machine.

It really didn't get me anything except being able to install latest xcode and compile some new shizzle.

Nod

Adventurous
You have probably heard some stories like this. They're not just made up jokes...

Yes, some people are that...OK, I'll be nice...that computer illiterate!

Dana
I worked in IT 20 years ago and also had to pull someone up for using the "cup holder".
My favourite though, was the little old manager who asked me if a disc box would keep her computer safe from viruses! I had to leave the room before I started howling. :laugh:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So, how is the Rig Control coming?

It's complete and functional with fully illustrated PDF manual and documentation. That is, assuming they don't change the current D2 state. I have also added a few extra quality of life features, and polished the graphical interface. I have included control dots for all of the facial bones, ghost bones (bones without a body group), and even some of the ERCs from the hands, feet and torso (pose multiple bones at once). The control dots are color-coded to help identifying which ones are ghost bones (red) or ERCs (blue). The idea is to save us from having to go hunting for dials, with the added bonus of being able to quickly save/retrieve our presets using enhanced memory dots with mouse hover captions and thumbnails.

This is actually more than what I originally had in mind for the feature set, thanks to community feedback. It's packed, loaded, and ready to go. ^__^

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's been a long time, but I think he knew that, and always picked up the cup before shutting off the engine. Otherwise his pants would be wearing the coffee, or whatever else he had in the cup. It wouldn't take someone that many "accidents" before they realized what they need to do to keep their clothes clean. ;)
I wonder about that, sometimes. I see some people making the same mistakes over and over.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wonder about that, sometimes. I see some people making the same mistakes over and over.
For me it's more a forgetting to actually DO things over and over . . . well at least on a daily basis, not necessarily many times the same day.

Geez, when are you guys gonna get D2 out the door?? I've been waiting FOREVER. I've got almost 7,000 RR just waiting to spend on her and her add-ons in the RMP..

She strikes me as the stereotypical woman all the jokes are about. takes ridiculously long to get ready and is never ready on time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Geez, when are you guys gonna get D2 out the door?? I've been waiting FOREVER. I've got almost 7,000 RR just waiting to spend on her and her add-ons in the RMP..

She strikes me as the stereotypical woman all the jokes are about. takes ridiculously long to get ready and is never ready on time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it depended on me, she would be out last year already. ^____^