• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Redistributing Poser Dynamic Hair without the base figure - a solution

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Aaaaand one more

FurCoat204-2.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm liking these last two Tracy, as they look more like fur than the plain white. Is there any way to "trim" the length of the hair along the hem, or thicken it up in just that area so you don't "see through" the hairs on the bottom?

You don't see that on the hem of the sleeves, so was wondering if that can be adjusted.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh I'm liking these last two Tracy, as they look more like fur than the plain white. Is there any way to "trim" the length of the hair along the hem, or thicken it up in just that area so you don't "see through" the hairs on the bottom?

You don't see that on the hem of the sleeves, so was wondering if that can be adjusted.

Not yet, but Cliff is still playing and I can change the model to make that a bit thicker at the ends, too. We'll see where we need to correct as we go.

I still can't believe I'm using Poser dynamic hair!!!!!!!

These textures are some MRs that I picked up long ago. Just a double click on the fur group with mt5 files and they're textured like that.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I absolutely LOVE that last one - reminds me of wife's hair far more than leopard spots do :D

Don't forget that TrueHair is meant to be a gateway drug to the Hair Room. Especially once I write up some bits about the hair room.

Which had/has me wondering, actually. I know I mentioned earlier the idea of including hints and tips in the ReadMe, but it occurs to me that we might do better by having a forum thread dedicated to "How to do stuff in the hair room"? A bit like some of my old, old threads at DAZ (I am thinking of one on rigging, one on displacement, and I forget the rest LOL. Were there any others? Who knows - they're all gone!).

If I put stuff in the readme that's all well and good - but it's then only available to people who buy into the gateway drug (TrueHair) and I rather think that my whole message of "use Dynamic Hair! It can be great!" could be... diminished by being tarred with a commercial taint.

Thoughts anyone? I'm half inclined to start a thread on hair with a way to set up hems that ought to work nicely.

Currently on my plate are, among other things:

1. Some web design for a paying customer. My clients are my bread and butter and this is one of my favourite clients so I really need to get onto this one because it's been sitting in the "todo" tray for nearly a week, but I'm no web designer.
2. The day-job tasks as they come up (often they surprise me - I usually don't know when a big job is going to hit until it has).
3. TrueHair:

a) ZERO CLUMPINESS
b) ZERO KINK STRENGTH
c) VARIANCE
d) GROW
e) SHAVE (the ONLY one of these so far that will take actual thinking work)
f) Secret Sauce
g) Super Secret Sauce
h) Super Dooper Secret Sauce!
i) Tutorials for the readme
j) Promos for TrueHair - especially the main one
k) Possibly turn some "double" sets of actions into "triple" sets... yeah, it's still on my mind but at the same time I want to keep the number of icons down so... I'm still warring with myself on simplicity vs functionality

4. Do some work on a client's problem with their mains supply quality. I need to try and PROVE what the problem is because their supplier is all "Oh no, it's fine - we haven't detected any problems or had any issues reported by anyone else". The old "No-one else has reported a problem" response eh? I've never heard that one before!
5. Building a new shed (we're digging a hole to make a foundation for a larger, sturdier shed because the one we built 15 years ago got filled with THINGS THAT ARE NOT MINE within a week. So this new one will be MY SHED)

See how MY shed is at the bottom of the list?

:teardrop

Cheers,

Cliff

Last edited:

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I think I'll read my email on the web design thing and think about it in the background while I work on CLUMPINESS to GROW, as they shouldn't be much in the way of a challenge to multi-task.

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Oooh, I'm loving the hat! I can't wait for this set!

Oh... buffer.

Well, I've done the web site stuff and the next 2 requests on the web site since then. Took a bit more concentrating than I'd hoped, but I'm hoping to get to adding extra features in a few minutes.

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Currently on my plate are, among other things:

DONE 1. Some web design for a paying customer. My clients are my bread and butter and this is one of my favourite clients so I really need to get onto this one because it's been sitting in the "todo" tray for nearly a week, but I'm no web designer.
DONE 2. The day-job tasks as they come up (often they surprise me - I usually don't know when a big job is going to hit until it has).

3. TrueHair:

WRITTEN a) ZERO CLUMPINESS
WRITTEN b) ZERO KINK STRENGTH
HARDER THAN I THOUGHT. WRITTEN c) VARIANCE
WRITTEN d) GROW

Which currently leaves:

a-c) thumbnail design and documentation in the ReadMe (I designed thumbnails for Grow and Shave already).

e) SHAVE (the ONLY one of these so far that will take actual thinking work)
f) Secret Sauce
g) Super Secret Sauce
h) Super Dooper Secret Sauce!
i) Tutorials for the readme
j) Promos for TrueHair - especially the main one
k) Possibly turn some "double" sets of actions into "triple" sets... yeah, it's still on my mind but at the same time I want to keep the number of icons down so... I'm still warring with myself on simplicity vs functionality

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
LengthVariance.png
LengthVariance-.png

So this leaves Thumb design down to Clumpiness and Kink Strength. Which I think may take some thinking - I suspect they may need custom thumbs rather than using my default Toon Generations figure.

Cheers,

Cliff

PS oops - webby customer calls - I'm off again!

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
My apologies. given my existing code base, Shave was trivial to write. So I guess I'll write some readme while my son works on his college homework.

It removes the hair props without removing the hair groups, such that it's easier to see/work on the hair groups themselves and then Grow the hair back later using, erm, the Grow function.

Cheers,

Cliff

Shave.png

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Some morphs for the hat done. Just quick low quality renders.
Stocking hat

Rounded Top

And Ear Band. Along with some various Fit Over Hair morphs.

Wow. I'm with Miss B - waiting patiently.

And, having documented today's new functions (and accidentally deleting the Verts+ documentation and then re-writing it) I am ready to quit for the day before I make a silly mistake.

I'm off!

Cheers,

Cliff

Image1.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK, so quoting and updating this list seems like a handy-dandy way of letting everyone (myself included) know where I am, and what's waiting on doing. More-or-less.

So - here's the plan at present.

1. The day-job tasks as they come up (often they surprise me - I usually don't know when a big job is going to hit until it has).
2. TrueHair:

a) Secret Sauce
b) Super Secret Sauce
c) Super Dooper Secret Sauce!

d) thumbnail design for zero Clumpliness and zero KinkStrength. Really quite low priority, I might do some fiddling about when I have only a few moments to spare.

e) Tutorials for the readme
f) Promos for TrueHair - especially the main one
g) Possibly turn some "double" sets of actions into "triple" sets... yeah, it's still on my mind but at the same time I want to keep the number of icons down so... I'm still warring with myself on simplicity vs functionality
h) Produce more ready-to-use presets of some sort for TrueHair
i) Digging out the ground to put a foundation in for my shed. MY SHED!

Plus of course, testing testing testing with a side-order of bug fixing and/or error code followed by a desert of testing. But testing happens at every stage too - so a) will be accompanied by testing as will b) and c). I will break "create fur" and "cover in material" repeatedly as I create and delete TrueHair content for testing and experimentation purposes. It's fun, actually (not the testing so much, but the playing around with).

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK - Secret Sauce is written and seems to work. !CoverInHair used to simply match against a list of materials to put hair on (for example, "Fur"). Now it first ignores some body parts (for example, "rEye" and "lEye") and then adds hair according to EITHER matching materials (like "Fur") or, optionally, NOT matching materials (i.e. matching materials except "Lips", "Eyewhite", and so forth).

Positive material matching:
MaterialsPositiveMatch.jpg

Negative material matching:
MaterialsNegativeMatch.jpg

Obviously for demonstration purposes the "Negative" example is not terribly helpful - it has to be the same list of materials for demonstration purposes so that you can see there's a difference!

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
It turns out that the Super Secret Sauce and Super Dooper Secret Sauce hoped-for features are not practical at this time. It's a shame, but I think it's good that I didn't name them more accurately as it turns out PoserPython doesn't provide what I'd want to be able to do the job efficiently.

So - where are we now...

1. The day-job tasks as they come up (often they surprise me - I usually don't know when a big job is going to hit until it has).

2. TrueHair:
a) Make some other minor improvements to !CoverInHair (ability to set hair length and verts when they are created rather than changing them afterwards)
b) Document !CoverInHair improvements (ignore body parts, ignore materials, other options)
c) thumbnail design for zero Clumpliness and zero KinkStrength. Really quite low priority, I might do some fiddling about when I have only a few moments to spare.
d) Tutorials for the readme
e) Promos for TrueHair - especially the main one
f) Produce more ready-to-use presets of some sort for TrueHair
g) Possibly turn some "double" sets of actions into "triple" sets... yeah, it's still on my mind but at the same time I want to keep the number of icons down so... I'm still warring with myself on simplicity vs functionality. It's unlikely I will do this as it would increase the number of thumbnails and introduce "Tyrrany of Choice" issues that are part of the Hair Room that I am trying to combat.

3. Digging out the ground to put a foundation in for my shed. MY SHED!

Plus of course, testing testing testing with a side-order of bug fixing and/or error code followed by a desert of testing. Including reading the "ReadMe", which currently stands at 54 pages long.

Cheers,

Cliff