• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Pugman?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Ain't that for sure! If this guy doesn't take off big time, I'll take heed of Bart Simpson and eat my shorts! Ahem.....eer! Well somebodies shorts anyway! :eek:

Chris said, "Looks like you could run into this character off Bourbon Street".

....or possibly being chased down it by people trying to get their property back...........!

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I mentioned on Facebook that I could see Pugsley leading a Mardi Gras Parade. So I made this baton for him. I figure if he's going to be high stepp'n out as the honorary parade leader he needs something twisted and Voodoo-like.

Pugman72.JPG
Pugman73.JPG
Pugman74.JPG
Pugman75.JPG
Pugman76.JPG

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks. Nice man.

This lil' fart has been fun to model. He's so strange and unique though, I wasn't sure there would be interest. So I sat on the idea for over 2 years now, only to recently let my Muse loose on him.

He's very unique compared to most of the creature morphs out there. Yes he could be a goblin, but he's not just a standard goblin. He doesn't look like he's been plucked out of a Dungeons and Dragons Monster Compendium, which I think makes it feel more like he has a story to be told, rather than he's just set dressing for a typical fantasy scene. He looks like he could be friendly with a big toothy smile on his face, but he could also be about to curse you.

By the way, the smile on his face made me wonder, will he have any tooth morphs? Those could be fun.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thanks. Nice man.

This lil' fart has been fun to model. He's so strange and unique though, I wasn't sure there would be interest. So I sat on the idea for over 2 years now, only to recently let my Muse loose on him.

I believe that's exactly his attraction Chris, he's so strange and unique! I can visit most 3D content providers and buy goblins, trolls, orcs, and other weird characters,etc all of which are, at base, copies of each other, but there is only one Pugman and he lives here! Over on dA with few exceptions my watchers consist of around 50% 3D/digital artists, 25% traditional and 25% photographers with a fair sprinkling of professionals amongst them. Thats why I make a point of telling them where my models come from (while quietly pushing Hivewire to the front ;)) and they definitely do show an interest in them! That's our job. You created him so the rest of us guys only need to make sure that other people see what a superb, versatile little chap he is. For myself, I haven't been this excited about a character for a long while and I'm quietly confident that this guy is a winner! :bee:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I believe that's exactly his attraction Chris, he's so strange and unique! I can visit most 3D content providers and buy goblins, trolls, orcs, and other weird characters,etc all of which are, at base, copies of each other, but there is only one Pugman and he lives here! Over on dA with few exceptions my watchers consist of around 50% 3D/digital artists, 25% traditional and 25% photographers with a fair sprinkling of professionals amongst them. Thats why I make a point of telling them where my models come from (while quietly pushing Hivewire to the front ;)) and they definitely do show an interest in them! That's our job. You created him so the rest of us guys only need to make sure that other people see what a superb, versatile little chap he is. For myself, I haven't been this excited about a character for a long while and I'm quietly confident that this guy is a winner! :bee:

Wow, kind words of encouragement there. Thanks for your comments. This is exciting to hear for sure. Makes me what to get this lil' fart out sooner than later. I only have a couple more things that I intend to create for him. Then I want to make sure expression morphs are tweaked and work well. I do need to make some teeth options for him too, as has been suggested by others here.

Seriously though, thanks for sharing your thoughts Mythocentric, and happy to read of your excitement for Pugsley, and others here in this thread too... of course!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow Carmen, that looks like a monkey with a Pug dog's head. Unusual to say the least.