• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Proof of purchase

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
If an online outlet wants proof of purchase of HiveWire products before I can publish my renders there, is there an easier way than emailing them several dozen order receipts? (e.g. is there a way to get an emailable document that says I have the right to use all my purchased products, with the products as a list?)

robert952

Brilliant
WOW, I've not heard of sites asking for proof of purchase, just so a render can be posted in a gallery. That's a first.
But, in a way, I am not surprised with all the unscrupulous people who use other people's art and work - which would include 3D meshes. I'd bet the site owner sees it as CYA and not wanting to deal with the hassles of getting ownership complaints that can come up and having to remove images , etc. (Could be the site owner has had works stolen and sees this as a way to protect himself and other artists.)

Even a lot of freebies have a 'TOS' that covers renders as well as use of the model 'for personal use only'. I always wondered about the gray area between 'personal use' that inadvertently becomes 'commercial'.

Sad to say that this requirement only keeps the honest people honest.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True Robert, I've known folks who have had their artwork stolen over the years, and yes it's quite a mess to clean up. I just hadn't heard of a site requiring proof that it's not only your artwork, but that you paid for all the items you used in your artwork. That's really going to take the fun out of using items you've purchased to create artwork.

For freebies, you'd probably have to prove it/they can be used for commercial renders, for instance in a scene setup for a promo of a product folks are going to be paying for. It's all those little extras in some scenes that can very well be an accumulation of freebies to fill up the scene.

Willowisp

Adventurous
I dunno, I kinda see this a bit like 'traditional' artist being asked to provide receipts for their paints and brushes.. nobody does that. But you know, they could have been stolen!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I can see what I can do. Email me support@hivewire3d.com and we will go from there.
Thank's Lisa, you're a star. Of course, now it's holiday season and if you're anything like me you're a bit deluged with people and stuff and things to do- like sleep, which is what I must do now so email will wait until tomorrow.

On the proof thing, with European regulations moving towards putting the onus of copyright compliance on the website hosts instead of on the artists, I think a lot of sites with European connections will be tightening up hard on what they will want to see before they'll allow material to be posted, and I suspect some will close shop entirely or restrict themselves to a subset of artists they know they can work with safely.