• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Prayers for Lisa

Hornet3d

Wise
I just want to post this, without any disrespect to the comments of some of those posting.

Grief is different for everyone. How we process it, the timing of going through the different steps, what we feel and how we react is not the same for everyone. I KNOW that those posting about not getting caught up with grief or what they feel Lisa would want people to do/feel, are only speaking for themselves and their feelings

What I DON'T want is for anyone reading those posts to feel that something is wrong with them if they don't share those feelings or beliefs. Not everyone reacts the same way to loss.

I say this, not only as someone who is grieving Lisa very strongly right now (the tears just started flowing again), but as someone who dealt with huge loss very early in life.

My point is that it is ok to feel however you are feeling right now.

Let's keep this thread on topic as a tribute to Lisa and an expression of our feelings/thoughts/memories of HER, and join together in our shared loss.

:grouphug:
PS - feel free to pm me privately if you want to talk about what I said, rather than posting about it
Thank you for making that point. There are no rule books when it comes to dealing with the loss of someone or a right or a wrong way to cope with grief.

Greif affects us all in different ways I know some are surprised they feel angry, angry because the person left first or angry for a promise made with the best intentions but never kept. I am not saying that anyone here feels, or should feel, angry I just mention to highlight how we can sometimes have feelings that we would never associate with loss.

Many years back when my father died someone told my mother that the first year is the worst. It was said in a supportive manner but it caused my mother great pain when, a year later, she found the loss worse not better.

Whenever we give advice what we are really saying is this is what I would do, or feel, if I were you and you can't be or think for that other person. It is for that reason that the Samaritan movement never give advice, just a sensitive ear.

Harimau

Eager
Just received a newsletter from posersoftware.com paying tribute to Lisa. Very sad to hear that she has passed away. My condolences to her family and loved ones. She will be sadly missed.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Feel free to check out the information to Lisa's services happening this Saturday afternoon.
Her obituary is there to read.
In lieu of sending flowers, perhaps you might like to consider helping her family by donating to cover her funeral expenses. The funeral home has made it easy to donate on their site as well.

Obituary of Lisa Marie Buckalew | Tilghman Funeral Home

Lisa-Buckalew3.JPG

estherau

I only just saw this in the renderosity article. Very sorry to hear. I didn't know her but i have loved looking at Lisa's promo pics and i have quite a few of the things she made. She certainly had an eye for nature. I'm so sad to hear the news. I will think of her when i use the things. Thanks for posting the nice portrait of her.

aqua1955

Sometimes the world is hard for those who give so much beauty of their live. She is and was a great artist and though I did not know her personal. I lost a great "Item" maker inside my libraries. Hope your shining Star will glow up there and you will know that we don't forget you.
Rest in peace my friend and my condolences to the family.
Ben

manekiNeko

omg.. i hadn't followed the thread daily recently since she was better and everything seemed to go onwards..
and then... this. the last news i expected.. sooo sad, the little i knew from her were her amazing, beautiful nature creations, but through them one could feel how exceptional she was, a true ray of light. the world needs more Lisas... well the only tiny consolation is that at least, she joined her loved ones if the spirit world is made this way. but she'll leave a huge space. sending sympathies to her family and friends here.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just got off the phone with Lisa's husband Jeff and their son Josh.

Jeff asked me to tell you that he's had a chance to read through some of the posts in this thread, and wanted to let you all know how much it means to the family to hear how people feel about Lisa, and to hear about their interactions with her.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: