• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poses for poser baby working on baby Luna?

CNorth

Enthusiast
I saw some really beautiful poses today but they are for the poser baby (good lord.. that is not a pretty baby at all). Does anyone know if the poses will work on baby Luna?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I saw some really beautiful poses today but they are for the poser baby (good lord.. that is not a pretty baby at all). Does anyone know if the poses will work on baby Luna?

I am not certain because if I have the poser baby, I've never loaded it, but the rigging and grouping are very different. I would be surprised if they worked without mangling Luna.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Gen 4 poses work with some adjustment. I cant remember if i tried the millenium baby I'll have to check.
Do you get the power baby free with poser? If so I can try it out for you this weekend.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When using V4/M4 poses with Dawn/Dusk, I edit the pp2 file and remove any parts that involve a body part Dawn/Dusk don't have. I don't know how similar the Poser baby is with Baby Luna, but hopefully, enough is the same that the pose will look somewhat similar.

CNorth

Enthusiast
Gen 4 poses work with some adjustment. I cant remember if i tried the millenium baby I'll have to check.
Do you get the power baby free with poser? If so I can try it out for you this weekend.
The poser baby comes with poser but I don't have it installed (it is so ugly you won't believe it) but I talked to the creator of the poses. He believe that I could just copy the pose from poser baby to Luna. It did sound fairly easy but after having tried fitting a Dawn pose to V4 I kind of gave up, at least for now since I don't know how much work it will include.
To this day, I have never heard of anyone using the Poser baby and the author sadly hadn't heard of other babies when he made them. He is now aware of K4 (toddler) and Luna.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wasn't aware there was a baby figure that came with Poser. I do remember DAZ3D's Millennium Baby but, IIRC, that was back in the day of V3, M3, Steph3, Aiko3, etc. I don't recall ever using it, as it's an infant. Even now I'm more apt to use a toddler like K4 or Pen's Diva in a render, than an infant.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I wasn't aware there was a baby figure that came with Poser. I do remember DAZ3D's Millennium Baby but, IIRC, that was back in the day of V3, M3, Steph3, Aiko3, etc. I don't recall ever using it, as it's an infant. Even now I'm more apt to use a toddler like K4 or Pen's Diva in a render, than an infant.

Believe me, if you had ever seen that baby you would remember it - ugliest figure SM ever created. Still beats Paul/Pauline by a mile.

P4Infant and this is with EZSkin3 + SubD-2 in P11.
P4Infant.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I had checked the Character > People library earlier, but only saw the usual cast of characters. Just now I tried the Poser Originals subfolder and see there's a Nude Infant in the Poser 2 and Poser 4 folders. I wondered where it was hiding.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ohhhh, I had checked the Character > People library earlier, but only saw the usual cast of characters. Just now I tried the Poser Originals subfolder and see there's a Nude Infant in the Poser 2 and Poser 4 folders. I wondered where it was hiding.

Look at those toes!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Traci... I'm surprised about the v4 poses as I'm fairly sure I've used them in ds on dawn. I'll have a play this weekend got to go out tonight my granddaughter is dancing at a dinner dance.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just tried that pose in DS and was able to use it once I had applied the feet fix script I have. We get that problem in DS with Poser poses that use translation.
Are there any poses that come with Poser for the original baby? I looked but couldn't find any poses.
mb3 pose.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
After trying the others the only ones that seem to cause any issues are the sitting and crawling poses. I would guess there might be something different in the rigging around the hip or upper thighs. Off to investigate further.

Just checked and MB3 goes straight from the hip to the pelvis which would explain the legs being a bit wonky but fairly easy to adjust.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I just tried that pose in DS and was able to use it once I had applied the feet fix script I have. We get that problem in DS with Poser poses that use translation.
Are there any poses that come with Poser for the original baby? I looked but couldn't find any poses.

I couldn't find any either.

And that MilBaby3 pose was the best one - the others distorted many body parts.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks like it works differently in Poser then as the poses I used weren't too bad. I'm just doing a render with the poser baby, mb3 and luna. I'll post what happens in DS with the poses shortly. Just finished so here it is...Luna is so much better the others looks slightly demonic.
poser mb3 luna.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I would suspect that I'm getting better results with the hands and feet because I'm using the script I have. Poser poses have caused problems with those areas for a while which is why someone created a script. I'm not sure why you would get this problem with Poser though as normally you wouldn't.

The only real issue I'm seeing is the upper legs. Where the upper legs are not posed I'm not getting any real issues like the render below. Could do with some slight adjustment but I adjust poses most of the time any way.
lying on belly.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm not sure why you would get this problem with Poser though as normally you wouldn't.

Yeah, you would........you're trying to pose a weight mapped figure with a spherical rigged figure poses with different body groups. How could you NOT see these issues? Baby Luna has 2 neck groups, 2 abdomen groups, 2 chest groups, not to mention the completely different fingers, hands, feet and toes.

MilBaby3 has no pelvis and has 2 buttocks groups.