• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Viewport/s

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I also don't like the left, right cameras because they're too far away to really see anything.
You can zoom in/out with the orthogonal cameras (left, right, top, bottom, front, back) and scoot them left/right and up/down. Use scale in the camera's parameters palette to make big zooms quickly.

I will often use one side camera (e.g., left) and zoom it in close for precise prop or doll positioning, and have the other side camera (right) zoomed out for an overall scene view.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I always thought they couldn't be moved in. I'll have to try that out. Thanks for the tip. :)

Seebee

I also don't like the left, right cameras because they're too far away to really see anything.
Miss B. You can zoom in to your scene/actor by simply using the same controls as you always do !
The very same ones you use with your Perspective/Document view.
The left/right/top Camera view isn't "fixed" in position....
You don't have to "create" anything.
Honestly ! It's not fixed to be "far away".
It's a quad view.

Maybe a re-read of your Manual might be of great help to you?
I am assuming that your post concerned Poser?
I know it's a horrid thing to suggest! but you do seem keen on these things yet not so familiar with the workings.
But then again..do what works for you, I guess.

Working with a quad view and orthograhic views can be a tad confusing for those not used to it.
It's not just drop and hope. It provides the much needed accuracy that might be needed for a render.
And especially where Dyn. Hair design/ Light placements/ Cameras/ object placement/ wind generator/ Dyn Cloth generation/ effects/ animation stuff. Anything that requires correct placement and with both world and object axis alignment.

Poser though, I'm a-guessing is probably aiming more at the "impatient", if that's the term?
And fair enough. Those renders I see still look wonderful :)
And that's the main thing, isn't it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I started with Bryce back in 2000-2001, and then Poser 5 in 2004, but I never learned how to use the lights properly, because I switched to DS 2 not long after, and stayed with DS until version 4.0 Pro, and I'm well acquainted on how to use lights in DS.

That said, I've only gotten back to Poser with version 9, 2 1/2 years ago, and only recently obtained PP11. I wish I could do the same lighting and camera work in Poser as I am able to do with DS, but they don't necessarily translate, so I am learning. Up until recently I've depended solely on lighting products I've purchased, whereas in DS I most often used my own. One of these days, when I actually have the time, I'll crack open the lighting tutorial I have, and learn to create my own. :)