• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pose Converters to Dawn and Dusk figures?

Llynara

Not sure if this is the right forum to put this. I can convert lots of things from my DAZ collection to Dusk and Dawn with various tools, but one thing I'm coming up short on is poses. I have tons of pose collections for V4, Genesis, G2, G3, etc. Are there any converters out there to make them usable for Dawn and Dusk?

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hi, Llynara!
I don't know any converter. Even the converters in the market place aren't 100% accurate and I have to do it manually.
The easiest way for me is to load 2 figures one over the other (ie: V4 and Genesis) then apply the pose on both and manually adjust Genesis till match with the V4 pose.
I did that from Dawn to Genesis 2, Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 and now for Genesis 8.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Not sure if this is the right forum to put this. I can convert lots of things from my DAZ collection to Dusk and Dawn with various tools, but one thing I'm coming up short on is poses. I have tons of pose collections for V4, Genesis, G2, G3, etc. Are there any converters out there to make them usable for Dawn and Dusk?
Sorry to go OT with your request, but now I'm dying to know how you're getting things to convert from the Daz figures to Dusk/Dawn?? Thanks.

Llynara

I'm using CrossDresser by Evil Innocence for older stuff. The licenses for Dusk and Dawn were on sale recently (June or July, can't remember) so I picked them up. They also have a big Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale where their big bundle with all the licenses is 75% off, making it $25 for every license (instead of the usual $99.) That's a fantastic deal if you can wait that long.

Also, any dynamic clothing will fit just about any figure with a little tweaking. I've picked up a lot of that too and use the animation draping to get it on them.

BUT, with VWD, you can do this with almost any clothing, not just dynamic. That means you can drape all the new stuff on them too. The program takes some patience, and sometimes crashes but it's very powerful. It will drape hair too, though I haven't gotten that far yet.

Speaking of hair, they are pretty easy to get them on already- don't "fit" them to the character. Instead, make sure Dusk or Dawn is loaded in the default T-pose and then load the hair into the scene. Position it with the X, Y, Z sliders and scale to fit if needed. Once you have the hair where you want it, parent it to the head. (This will work for hats too.)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I have a bunch of oddball licenses that no one ever uses, but don't have Dawn or Dusk. I put them in my wishlist at the site. I've bought several licences, XD morphs and one of those big packs but that was 2011 and Dusk and Dawn weren't there yet.

What is VWD? Never heard of that one.

Thanks.

Llynara

Yes, VWD works natively in Poser, but you need Philemot's bridge if you want to use it in DAZ or Carrara. There's a learning curve and it's sometimes buggy but worth the effort.

By the way, I bought the Cross Dresser licenses here at Hivewire. They were on sale not too long ago and I used my points to get them down to a pretty good price. I think they ended up being $6 each.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yes, VWD works natively in Poser, but you need Philemot's bridge if you want to use it in DAZ or Carrara. There's a learning curve and it's sometimes buggy but worth the effort.By the way, I bought the Cross Dresser licenses here at Hivewire. They were on sale not too long ago and I used my points to get them down to a pretty good price. I think they ended up being $6 each.

Cool, thx!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
In regards to poses most genesis and genesis 2 poses work with either no problems or minor ones I use them all the time. I've even used the convertor to converter Dawns poses to genesis 3 unfortunately genesis 3 and above do not work with Dawn. If you have a converter that goes from genesis 3 to genesis 2 the poses from that would most likely work. I have even used millenium generation 4 poses but the feet need to be adjusted on those.

The only issues I've found are poses that require a prop like the dwarf poses for genesis 2, which I fixed by applying to genesis 2 and resaving...this was caused by the way the poses were saved.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You can also run Adam's script to fix hands and feet translations in Daz Wayback Machine free download won't work on everything, but it's not bad and Daz has a nice little scripting tool PFE (Poser Format Exporter) that will save them as a .pz2 for Poser for about 5 dollars. Poser Format Exporter (PFE) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
( Thanks Traci for that !!)

Pen is right about most Gen 2 Poses working fine with Dawn or Dusk.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
You can also run Adam's script to fix hands and feet translations in Daz Wayback Machine free download won't work on everything, but it's not bad and Daz has a nice little scripting tool PFE (Poser Format Exporter) that will save them as a .pz2 for Poser for about 5 dollars. Poser Format Exporter (PFE) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
( Thanks Traci for that !!)
Pen is right about most Gen 2 Poses working fine with Dawn or Dusk.

I do own the Poser Format Exporter! How about that?! These are the converters I have: G3F to G8F, G2F to G3F and then another to convert V4 to Genesis and G2F. I've looked all over and can't find one that converts G3F to G2F, so guess I'll try just going straight from G2F to Dawn. I guess the same would apply to Dusk?? Go from G2M to Dusk?

Thx guys.

Llynara

In regards to poses most genesis and genesis 2 poses work with either no problems or minor ones I use them all the time. I've even used the convertor to converter Dawns poses to genesis 3 unfortunately genesis 3 and above do not work with Dawn. If you have a converter that goes from genesis 3 to genesis 2 the poses from that would most likely work. I have even used millenium generation 4 poses but the feet need to be adjusted on those.

The only issues I've found are poses that require a prop like the dwarf poses for genesis 2, which I fixed by applying to genesis 2 and resaving...this was caused by the way the poses were saved.

Oh, thank you! I didn't realize those would work. I have a ton of them. I think there's a free Genesis 3 to Genesis 2 conversion script on the DAZ forums in the Freebie section. I'll see if I can dig it up and post the link here (it might be on ShareCG, not sure where the actual script is.)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Oh, thank you! I didn't realize those would work. I have a ton of them. I think there's a free Genesis 3 to Genesis 2 conversion script on the DAZ forums in the Freebie section. I'll see if I can dig it up and post the link here (it might be on ShareCG, not sure where the actual script is.)
If you do find it, that would be awesome! I looked through the stores and didn't see anything that converted 3 to 2. Thanks!!

Llynara

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I found two that might be of interest. This one is a conversion script for various older figures to Genesis 1, 2 and 3: Updated: Daz Studio Posing Scripts (now for G3F) - Script
This one is for animation, but should work on stills for multiple figures and is backwards compatible: Pose and animation conversion for multiple generations of DAZ figures
I could've sworn there was another one, and thought I downloaded it. Still looking for that one.

It is for animation however after reading in the forum post from the link, it appears you can select the option to do the single frame only and not the aniblock. At least that's what I understand.
Wondering why someone hasn't just made an outright G3 to G2 script? Can't be that hard if you know how to make scripts (which I don't).