• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pet Hates

McGyver

Energetic
I'm putting this one out there...
I'm sure you will agree if you have young kids, nieces or nephews, have young grandkids, work with kids or ever have kids visit your home briefly...
Human kids that is... Not the goat variety...

I can now say I hate whoever it was that got it in their head to share the formula for making "Slime" at home...
There are some things humanity is not ready for... Jet packs, flying cars, light sabers... And kids with friggin homemade Slime.

I can only imagine this person sitting in a cave somewhere, wringing their hands and cackling to themselves over the frustration and misery this stuff has caused.

In case you don't know about this stuff, it's a glue company's dream come true and way to sell institutional size gallon containers of white "school glue" to civilians so their kids can make "Slime" out of glue, borax and glitter...
Slime is sort of like silly putty and 10,000,000 times more annoying.

In case you just recently found out about it... Buy white vinegar ASAP... You are gonna need a lot of it.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
When I felt like that I ended up in the hospital with congested heart failure. Hopefully, that's not you, but just to be on the safe side, please get yourself checked out.
Going to psychiatrist tomorrow. Already saw doctor last week. Doctor listened to my lungs and heart.

Probably more due to not getting quality sleep and issues at work. I have been coughing a lot at night. I did once go to a sleep study. Do not need a cpap thing to help me sleep.

McGyver

Energetic
lol...McGyver, you should try making it with 20+ kids it multiplies the fun!
Uh... Hmmm... Uh... Nope... I'll pass... Four was the limit...
This word you use... Fun?... I do no thin it means wut you thin it means...
20+ kids... What did the glue for that come in?... A tanker truck?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Now you're talking my language Pen! I suspect me and the little one might just be investigating this further! (The yeasty one of course!) :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...yeah I hear you Mytho...we don't use borax when we do slime at school because of the risks involved. If we did we would have to do a risk assessment prior to running the session.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I hate, and I mean, really deep down hate and detest Frey Bentos Pies. You know. The ones in the flat round tins with sloping sides which are almost impossible to open without the sort of tin opener designed by NASA or somebody like that! Grrrr! I hate them! :somad:
Come to think of it, I hate tin openers too! Especially the ones which fail to open Frey Bentos Pies! :devil"

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They are probably made by the same people who make the containers Fresh Direct uses for cut up fruit. It's next to impossible to get them open! Meanwhile, Tsuki is trying to help me (and just getting in the way) get the container open so she can have a piece of cantaloupe.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like the containers they use at my local supermarket for cut up fruit, and the similar containers for fresh sandwiches I have made at the supermarket's deli once or twice a week. I HATE them. ~sheesh~

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hate when I do stupid stuff like yesterday when I gave my cat the dog's flea treatment. I wiped off the excess right away and dunked him in the bathtub. Then I realized I should probably give him a full bath and that cat hid. I looked for him EVERYwhere! He finally showed up an hour later to eat and I scooped him up and gave him a bath with dish washing soap. He shivered because his fur was wet and my house is chilly but then he got under a blanket with me and dried off. And he's been fine since. I called the vet today and they said I should call poison control. Poison control said there might be some tingling of the skin and weird behavior but it's all good. WHEW! I can be such a space case sometimes and I hate that.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I hate being on hold with cable TV company when it is bed time. I rather be doing something else than trying to get cable TV box to work and being put on hold. Especially at bed time. I think I will give up as I finally got ahold of someone but they put me on hold again to transfer to another agent.

eclark1894

Visionary
I hate being on hold with cable TV company when it is bed time. I rather be doing something else than trying to get cable TV box to work and being put on hold. Especially at bed time. I think I will give up as I finally got ahold of someone but they put me on hold again to transfer to another agent.
I hate ... scratch that... I LOATHE my cable company.:somad: