• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Passing Friends

Hornet3d

Wise
I have dreaded this moment for so long and, now that I am here I know why.

It is with tremendous sadness I have to say the Fleet, my companion of ten years and my icon for so long is no longer with us. My wife and I came to the decision after we had to take him to the vet as he was struggling to breath. Vet diagnosed his heart which was missing beats on a regular basis, this did not surprise us has he was diagnosed with a heart murmur some years ago. We think he was around fourteen or fifteen years old and the vet did say he might be able to medicate him to get a few months more but it meant it would take around three days to get him right and there would need to be multiple visits to the vet during that time. Snag is he hated going to the vets so we came the the difficult decision to let him go. He will leave a great hole in my life that will be there always.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I am so sorry Hornet.. I've been there too many times to count at this point my life with my kitties and horses, and it never gets any easier. Sending you and your wife lots of hugs.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
My heart's with you both. Losing fur babies is sooooo hard. Hugs from me, too.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hugs from me as well. That is a hard and painful choice to make.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you for your support and all your comments. I am hoping that I will soon come to the point where I can accept, hard though it is, it is a small price to pay for all the happy moments he gave us over the ten years.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have dreaded this moment for so long and, now that I am here I know why.

It is with tremendous sadness I have to say the Fleet, my companion of ten years and my icon for so long is no longer with us.
Sorry I haven't responded sooner Hornet, but my thoughts are with you and your wife at the moment, as it's never easy to lose a good friend, be she/he human or long time house pet. :confused:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
So true..had to make that right decision with the little pup in my avatar when he was 9 years old. That was back in 2001 and I still cry when I think about him.

Sending you more hugs..

Hornet3d

Wise
So true..had to make that right decision with the little pup in my avatar when he was 9 years old. That was back in 2001 and I still cry when I think about him.

Sending you more hugs..

He looks a character.

My dog was a Lurcher, a cross breed for known for being of good temperament and, while fast and energetic when it suits them, are really couch potatoes. Fleet, as he was named was no exception to any of this. Breed in the past for hunting they are sadly still used today for poaching which is how I became to be friends with this one after he was abandoned by poachers and found his way to rescue centre. I was lucky and privileged to be able to call him a companion. In the ten year we had together he broke a toe and cracked a tooth but other than these injuries and occasional stomach upsets was generally healthy and the only other visits to the vet was for his annual injections. The only plus I have at the moment is I have so many great memories and so few bad moments, such as when he broke a toe.

Rhia474

Oh, no I just read this. So sorry--had cats that literally passed in my husband's hand, so I feel for you. They are our little shadows, and when it's time, it's really a tough decision. May the memories ease the pain.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm glad he had the two of you and that you had him. He sounds special!

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm glad he had the two of you and that you had him. He sounds special!
He was special but then everyone's pet always is. For us he was a not at all what we expected and was very independent, not a dog to greet you when you came home after being out for a while but if you were standing looking out of the window or talking to someone he would often put his head in your hands letting you know he was in the mood for a cuddle. That was him all over really, a very affectionate dog but always on his terms.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So sorry. I did this for my kitties when they passed at 18 years old a few years ago.
bridge.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Well it never rains but it pours. So soon after losing my dog I needed a visit to AandE - nothing serious but while here they found my oxygen levels are low so I been admitted and I am on oxygen. Not only that but I risk missing my 43rd wedding anniversary meal with my wife on Wednesday. God I feel low.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awww, sending hugs!!!! Hope you feel better, and are released before your anniversary meal. If not, though, you'll get to EXTEND your anniversary for a bit til you're able to go.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well it never rains but it pours. So soon after losing my dog I needed a visit to AandE - nothing serious but while here they found my oxygen levels are low so I been admitted and I am on oxygen. Not only that but I risk missing my 43rd wedding anniversary meal with my wife on Wednesday. God I feel low.
I'm so sorry to hear this Hornet, and I hope you'll pass it quickly, and don't miss out on your anniversary dinner.