• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Our real life pets

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know if that's the documentary I saw years ago, but there was one where two folks (don't recall if 2 guys or a man and woman) raised a big cat since it was a cub, and then released him to the wild.

Years later they went back to visit, and the cat, who was full grown and had a pride of his own, saw them and came running up to them, and nearly knocked one over on his back he was so happy to see them.

Is that this documentary?

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, I love it, and yes a lump in the throat. and tears in the eyes. I used to watch it whenever it was on Discovery channel.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
a couple more horse I used to ride. The first is a little black pony, Nipper was pitch black with just a little white star. The second was Tia, a palomino that changed from almost white in winter to a deep copper in summer (she was VERY fat in this pic because I'd only just started her as she'd been out in good paddocks for approx 2-3 years without being ridden).
pony_club_dressage_by_rae134.jpg pony_club_by_rae134.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
But not as fat as the palomino I used to ride, we called it the Three Cows because it ate as much grass as...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can imagine on that lush NZ grass :D

I think the pic was taken when she had started to muscle up and loose some (and I used to jump in my dressage saddle, only thing I can think of to explain why my stirrups were short in that pic too). The black pony was 14.2 and I think the pally was around 15.1 or .3, I know alot of ponies tend to carry weight but she was the fattest horse I ever had :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This is Red (didn't name her) our rescue. My daughter works at a vet where Red was brought in with a broken leg after being hit by a car. My daughter fell in love with her and she needed a sponsor to pay her vet bills, so we got a new puppy when we didn't intend to.

She's a sweetheart, but spoiled rotten now. This morning I got cussed out because I slept in til 8AM and was a hour late with breakfast.

Red.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Awww, she's a cutie Traci, and shame on you for being late with breakfast. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Awww, she's a cutie Traci, and shame on you for being late with breakfast. ;)

LOL, I know....mortal sin in her world. She's a good dog, just rotten to the core now. What she didn't know about being royalty, our other basset has taught her.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cute! Yes, it's a mortal sin in most dogs' worlds :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awww she looks like a sweetheart! My mum used to show a Beagle and a Sheltie, I used to say that Bassets look like Beagles that hadn't grown into their skin yet :D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Awww she looks like a sweetheart! My mum used to show a Beagle and a Sheltie, I used to say that Bassets look like Beagles that hadn't grown into their skin yet :D

LOL! We have 3 bassets in the extended family, and I used to think their "drama" displays just belonged to the first 2 (a father and his daughter) but after adding this unrelated one, I have decided drama is a way of life with these dogs. The older girl in our house (Oreo) is actually my daughter's dog. But, now that daughter has basically moved in with the boyfriend, she only sees her at lunch time every day. And, on daughter's days off when she doesn't come by? You would think this dog was gonna just die of a broken heart - whining, sighing, big deep moaning when noon comes around and no daughter. And, if she misses 2 days, she simply stops eating until my daughter returns AND feeds her. And Red is just as bad, though she is young enough that she still never refuses food - yours, mine, hers, anything edible! LOL!

I present Queen Oreo who must have a pillow under her head to sleep. Here, she is on "her" chair with a pillow on a footstool.

Oreo.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Pretty Kitty - hope she's ok :(.

Oreo indeed looks like a Queen :)