• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Please don't take any offence from this, for none is intended, and I am honestly not being critical in any way, but not quite everyone, although I accept I don't really count.

No offence taken Hornet. By eveyone, I meant everyone I know, which is really all my friends and acquaintances. My peers I guess?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It's reached the point that just about *every* call on my landline is someone trying to sell me construction services (I live in an apartment).

Hornet3d

Wise
No offence taken Hornet. By eveyone, I meant everyone I know, which is really all my friends and acquaintances. My peers I guess?

I took it that was what you meant but I didn't want my comments to be, misinterpreted, which is so easy when you only have the written word and no body language of tone of voice to assist in making a judgement.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Playing with my Big Cat which is getting a bit long in the tooth :eek:

Rendered in Carrara & used Carrara hair as well.

BigCat.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I have tried to think long and hard over what I am going to say and this is not the first time I have tried to post and thought better of it. Much as I try to ignore it I have this little voice nagging at me so I have decided I am going to post this. I remain reluctant, particularly after my recent ban elsewhere, but for better or worse here goes.

Despite my doubts about the decision to move the animals to Daz I still fully support the Hivewire team. Those of you that have followed my posts should be well aware of my respect for what they have built here and the principles they have based it on. For what they have achieved here, they not only have my respect but also my admiration. There is of course a 'but' and that is, but I am uneasy about one aspect of this decision. More than one person here has made the decision not to buy from Daz, whatever the reason I think we have to respect it is their decision and theirs alone. The result of this is that the animals are now out of their reach. You could argue that this is a direct result of their actions and maybe with some grounding, I however admire their principles in the same way I admire the principles of the Hivewire team. In the case of the Hiveiwre team I have no issue as their principles are very much aligned with mine. I shop at Daz so my principles are not a strong in regard but that does not lessen my support for people involved.

Whether the move of these products turn out to be a success is an open question and I for one hope it turns out for the best but I find I cannot forget those that are impacted now and have been from day one. These are after all are fellow hive artists who have invested their time, their money and their good will in supporting the Hivewire venture and it seems so wrong that they are excluded from an important part of the Hivewire family.

I hate being critical at a place I love so much. I hate it even more that this is not constructive criticism. I desperately wish there were some way these people could have access to the animals without them having to breach their principles and without adversely impacting the agreement with Daz. Sadly I see no way this can happen and maybe it is just one of those times that you can't have everything in life but I have to say it leaves me feeling sad and uneasy

There, for better or worse I have voiced my concerns, I hope it upsets no one and they understand I dislike being so negative but the alternative was to say nothing and I did not feel happy with that either.

Of course this all assumes I find the courage to press that 'post reply' button (and I am well aware nothing can be unsaid). If you are reading this you know the answer:).

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hornet, we posted at the same time..

First: of course, it's perfectly fine to post what you did!

We all have to make decisions about things. That goes for us and for the folks who won't shop at DAZ. We respect their decisions, as I think most of them respect the decision we made. At the same time, we're sad that the combination of our decisions (theirs and ours) isn't going to mesh in terms of them getting our animals. They are, no matter what they choose, no matter whether they buy from us or from DAZ, ALWAYS an important part of our community. I hope they realize that.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
IMG_0424.JPG
I think growling is normal for certain cats even when chasing butterflies. My mighty hunter, BartholoMEW, who caught his first mouse at 10 weeks old, growls at mice, flies, spiders and his toys. This is him as a kitten looking fierce.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Well then, shouldn't he be smiling, instead of growling? ;)

you haven't seen these butterflies!!..... eeeek! :eek:

I agree Hornet... but we all have a choice.. and it depends on one's self as to what one wishes to choose :)
[ I think I just had a McGyver moment ]

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I read it Hornet, so I know the answer!

I think perhaps 75% of what I write actually gets posted. Of that 75%, probably about 60% of what was in that post is deleted before I hit the button. That's mostly the result of my experiences at DAZ where just about ANYTHING you posted would offend someone (or perhaps not, but it would draw the attention of the flamers).

Posting in an environment like that begins to affect you. It becomes difficult to be even keeled when the water is boiling all around you.

By the end of my time on the DAZ forums, a very small percent of what I wrote was actually posted. It was just almost impossible to express how you felt about something without it flaming things. No matter how carefully you phrased things. As noted before, sometimes all it took was for you to post. Just a comment that ... oh my gosh, it's so humid outside today, I thought I was swimming! could result in an attack.

Anyway ... I'm off on a tangent again. Sometimes I feel like Dug, the dog in UP!

Squirrel!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
He would like to chase an emu.... but.... o_O

Thanks Hornet.. the longest part is getting the fur on but after that the setup was easy... One light, a shadow catcher, a HDRI image and render... 3 minutes later.... :yeahthat:

Is it possible to use the Carrara hair and then export back to Studio for rendering and posing?

Status
Not open for further replies.