• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New Characters and then Nothing

Hornet3d

Wise
Love it Darryl. It just goes to show what is possible when you have imagination and an understanding of what a figure is capable of. It was one of the reasons I stuck with V4 for so long, it takes a while to understand a figure and know what might work and what won't.

I have really only scratched the surface with Dawn but I love seeing the potential.

Darryl

Adventurous
Thanks all. Difficult to compete with Baby Rodrigo (he should go in the Hall of Fame) but I'm working on it ;-).

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Oh Pen, those are really something!
I discovered the ability for interchanging Dawn and Dusk soon after getting them both.
As I had no morph packs for Dusk I used some of Dawn's to alter his face....lol.
Wow, had to edit that last sentence...came out like a drunk person talks...called Dusk "Dush". :laugh:

This is great to find out. If I wasn't running some cloth simulations at the moment, I'd be loading up Dusk and playing with Dawn morphs on him.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes Gadget Girl. Dusk was originally created from Dawn's mesh. In fact, so was Baby Luna, and Harry the HiveWire Horse, so it's not surprising their UV maps would be very similar, and their morph packs would work on each other.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Dawn and Dusk are the same mesh for sure. UVs are the same, I've made some alteration by adjusting the UVs on the chest/breast area is about the only difference with UVs. You can certainly make the morphs packs work to degrees between Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna. But we've also make morph products that have been fine tuned specifically for each figure.

I have tried using Dusk face morphs on Dawn and it works great as long as you don't try to change the pose. If you change the pose, hello giraffe... I wish they did work on both figures because that would give some more options. If there is a way to get around this I would love to know.