• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need beta testers for my Glass Block Bathroom and the two accessories sets

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I'm almost ready to zip up my Glass Block Bathroom and the two accessory packs for beta testing.

It would be a good idea if testers had faster computers because the renders of the glass block and mirrors can be pretty CPU intensive. I have an older dual-processor running Win XP and it's a real trial to render on it. My desktop is an older quad-processor running Win 7 but it's about twice as fast, yet still slows the computer down to a crawl when rendering. I can't use either computer for anything else while it's rendering.

There is, however, a material preset which will modify all the reflective materials in the bathroom (except the mirror) to use a map in stead of "real" reflections. Since this is a room full of glass, tile, marble, and metal, using the reflection map can speed up rendering quite a bit. Thank goodness! :rolleyes:

There's a lot of stuff in these three products, so be forewarned! :)

This video will give you a good idea of what the bathroom is like:

There are a dozen additional texture colors:

Oops! Almost forgot the purple! My personal favorite ;)

This above picture also shows one of the accessory packs, which has color-coordinated textures to match the bathroom.

The second accessory pack has his/hers/all accessories:

The tissue box also color-coordinates.

There's no rush on testing since I'll be creating detailed documentation with pictures for using the products.

PM me if you prefer.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Are you looking for DS or Poser testers, or both? I have DS 4.9 and Poser 9. Not a super fast computer, but I can give it a go. I'm used to not being able to use my computer while rendering. :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Glad to see you getting this moved along to the testing point. I'm a Poser user, and hopeless in DS so I'm not good as a tester for you, but I'm excited to watch what happens.