• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always get announcements from him, as I'm on his mailing list, so I wasn't surprised to get it about your webinar, but was surprised to see he knew I had purchased some of your products. That sort of made me wonder. Also. it was addressed to Miss B, when his regular email announcements are addressed to my R/L first name.

OK, at least now I know why the difference.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm a little surprised by it, too... and grumbled to him this morning.

He has no ones purchase information, just my email list for a one-time use. He probably made that "purchase" comment as an introduction to why you getting sending the email.

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Also. it was addressed to Miss B, when his regular email announcements are addressed to my R/L first name.

OK, at least now I know why the difference.

mmm.. I hope it wasn't the Hivewire3D mailing list.. o_O

anyways, not happy that it was shared to outside sites without approval. :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
I got another email from him today, headline was not about your interview. This time I was annoyed. I used the unsubscribe link and checked the "I never" checkbox. but I wanted you to know about it. He seems to have decided he can use the list as much as he wants to.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I got it as well, but I've always gotten emails from Digital Art Live, so I just deleted it after I checked it out.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i received it too...and it DOES talk about Ken
i´m sure that is the reason why he sent it!

Attachments

• Sin título-1.jpg
    Sin título-1.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 195

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I got another email from him today, headline was not about your interview. This time I was annoyed. I used the unsubscribe link and checked the "I never" checkbox. but I wanted you to know about it. He seems to have decided he can use the list as much as he wants to.

Dana

did you get the second email before or after unsubscribing?

I unsubscribed ( never again as well ) when I got the first one as I knew it wouldn't be just a one off which the unsubscribe page says you can be added to more lists!

I never received this second one.

DanaTA

Distinguished
did you get the second email before or after unsubscribing?

I unsubscribed ( never again as well ) when I got the first one as I knew it wouldn't be just a one off which the unsubscribe page says you can be added to more lists!

I never received this second one.
I thought it would have been a one-off, announcing the interview with Ken, so I didn't bother. After the second one, I unsubscribed.

Nothing against you, Ken...you can email me anytime.

Dana

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The way mailing lists like that work, is that the email addresses are added to the list. It is possible that he intended for it to be a one off, but something in his set up added the addresses to his main list as well.

Speaking from experience, it's easier to add addresses than it is to remove them, and my mailing list has never had more than 10 people on it at one time.

DanaTA

Distinguished
No offense, Sunfire, but that is no excuse. It is his responsibility to handle his lists. I've had to do it with my lists. And he's lucky that nobody complains. The laws about emails are explicit. A business must have an opt in for emails, in addition to the ability to unsubscribe. They have to get your permission to send you emails. Ken gave him permission to make a mailing. It was his responsibility to produce the mailing, then remove the names from the list, unless people opt in to receive more.

Dana

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Didn't say it was right, just saying what might have happened. I hadn't even noticed as I already got emails from him as a result of the webinars I've "gone" to.