• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok guys, at long last the crocus textures are completed. You can turn off the stems and leaves and then parent them to different types of props.
Banner 2.jpg

The crocus is one of the first flowers to emerge in the spring. It is often referred to as the light bulb flower because it looks like a bright light bulb until the petals unfurl into the cup-shaped flower. It is no wonder it has a reputation as a symbol of cheerfulness and glee, as it brings the landscape alive with color after a long winter.

Across the ages, and across all time...
Beneath the winter snows, the crocus flower waits
To fulfill its promise to spring.

Then, it finally will have the chance to hold the loving
Sunlight captured in its tiny heart.
For spring was always there, and called it forth,
In softness or in strength, it always called,
The key that let the pent up joy and happiness burst forth.
The flower knows spring was once there before, and it loved beneath the equinox moon and setting sun near the tall pine trees.
Through darkness and through frost it loved the warmth of spring's embrace.

Mere flowers can but love for a season, and measure time not in years, hours, or even days, but in moments.
Between humans love is felt beyond reach or reason.
And allows us to experience true joy from the well that springs within our hearts beating as rhythm running thunder in our very souls.
All we have to do is listen to our hearts and perhaps not so much with our heads.

-Anonymous-

According to Greek legend, Crocus was the name of a Greek noble youth who feel deeply in love with Smilax, a beautiful shepherdess. When the gods forbade his marriage to Smilax, poor Crocus killed himself in deep sorrow. Upon discovering his death, Smilax was heart-broken and could not stop crying. The Goddess Flora took pity on the distraught Smilax and turned them both into plants. Crocus was turned into the crocus flower while Smilax was turned into a vine. It is said that the Greeks used the vines to weave together garlands of crocus flowers as wedding decorations.

Revitalize your renders with 32 new flower textures and five new leaf and stem textures.

Presets are included for DAZ Studio Iray & 3DL, and Poser Superfly (requires Poser 11+) & Firefly render engines.

Requires Lisa's Botanicals Signs of Spring

Clikc on the image below to preview or to purchase.

AR5.jpg

AR6.jpg
FF copy.jpg
I'm So Vain copy.jpg

These gorgeous images are from Pommerlis and Done in Superfly
FlowerDog1400x674.jpg
SaffronSpring1400x1000.jpg

These are Done By Grim-Red Awesome Iray images!
AR3.jpg
AR7.jpg
AR1.jpg

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
They are really gorgeous! I had a ball plating with these.
The images by Grim-Red are excellent! I wish I was half that good with Daz!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
They're really purrrdy, especially since there's still too much snow to see if I have any this year. LOL.
They really are the jewels of spring! Our weather conditions here are not really suitable for them, (not cold enough) but we do look forward to the daffodils,hyacinths, and the iris. You will have to take some pictures of them. Cocus photos seem to be all the rage over at Deviant Art!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
They are really gorgeous! I had a ball plating with these.
The images by Grim-Red are excellent! I wish I was half that good with Daz!
Grim is so wonderful! I love her edgy take on things and her lighting is bar none some of the best I have ever seen. I also love your Superfly renders !! You should check out her Octane renders in her gallery at Deviant Art. Grim-Red on DeviantArt. They are gorgeous!! =) Thanks so much for testing them, and Please let me know when you need me to test for you.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They really are the jewels of spring! Our weather conditions here are not really suitable for them, (not cold enough) but we do look forward to the daffodils,hyacinths, and the iris. You will have to take some pictures of them. Cocus photos seem to be all the rage over at Deviant Art!

If they show up I might, though I'm not much of a photographer.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
These background images are geared to pair with Lisa's Botanicals Tropicals, Tropicals II, and Palm Trees, Songbird Remix Shore Birds, Natures Wonders Lizards, Turtles, Ants, Moths, and Dragonflies and The Big Cypress Swamp or Soggy Bottom Swamp.

Banner 1180 x 500 copy.jpg

There are no fears, there are no lies
They cannot understand this thrill
In the night the marsh cricket cries
A song of aurora skies.

Ringing through the starless still.
A pale gray moon, listening, sighs,
No wind rippling the watermill.

Shearing the dark a lone bird flies,
The melody shivers in the chill
Hours before forgotten sunrise,
In the night the marsh cricket cries.
Dreaming a dream of aurora skies.
In the darkness still.

-Grace EunSong Lee-

In China, marshes were places for fishing and hunting, but the hunting was ritual. This was because the powers of Heaven were said to be manifested in marshes and because they, too, were spiritual centers: a place where all of nature was in harmony with the spiritual tranquility of still waters that run deep. The Chinese hexagram t'u, the sign for still water, carries with it the meaning of harmony of body and spirit, fulfillment, and wealth. Allow yourself to become one with the earth and waters of the mystic marshlands, teaming with the wealth of beautiful nature.

Then again, "There is still life in these old hands. Ask the Alligator. His blood helped, Then on the diet of the blood of snakes, toads, and all the putrid life of the Mississippi, slowly, Lestat became something like himself again. Claudia ... you've been a very, very naughty little girl." - The Vampire Lestat

What's Included & Features

• Images (.jpg)
    • 36 Marshland background .jpg images, 2500 x 1500 (WxH), at 300 DP
Click on the image to preview or purchase.

AR 3.jpg
AR 1.jpg
Promo 1 copy.jpg Promo 2 copy.jpg Promo 3 copy.jpg Promo 4 copy.jpg Promo 5 copy.jpg Promo 6 copy.jpg
AR 6.jpg
Stegosaurus.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The one with the Egyptian Princess is rather like the Nile delta. ........ not sure what you would exactly call it. Floodplain maybe? Or are you referring to the one with the turtles?
I could be wrong, but I think Carmen's referring to the one above the Egyptian Princess, at least that's how her description sounds to me.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
........yeah the one with the alligator in the watery foreground......but the last one is nice too. just wanted to bow about the set.
Well, I rather pictured images from Egypt for these and also shore birds so I suppose you could call it a river delta or floodplain area marshland. Egypt was reound for the Ibis, Crocodile, and Hippos that used to live in it's waters as well as lotus flowers which are represented in stone relief in many of the tombs of the Egyptian Kings and Queens. The artwork I think and even their jewelry, sculptures, and pottery are beautifully crafted. There are several different variations of these as well as your everglades type images in the set from Florida and the wetlands from Louisiana which are known for Alligators and Brown Pelicans.