• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morning Soul for Dawn

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay, soo... this started out as my intending to save just one of my dial-spun shapes. And... it has become a case of grabbing all of my dial-spins out of my various scene files, refining a few of them as needed and saving them all into the library.

Rough estimate, there will be about 12-15 morphs in this. This is a morphs-only package. NO skins here, just a bunch of morphs/shapes for Dawn. On the Studio side, they will definitely be distributed as Head-only, Body-only, and Full (head+body) - so you will have a good amount of mix-and-match capability with the morphs there.

On the Poser side, I'm not sure yet... it depends on what can be made to work.

This is not a top-priority item, so I don't have a time frame on it, but it's in a WIP stage, and it will eventually make it to market. I'm more focused on the DS conversions of Glitter's clothing right now, but I am working on these in between. Why? Because ADHD and seeming to always need multiple irons in the fire, that's why. LOL

Anyway, here's the first three I have done :

Scarlet :
View media item 2513
Calleigh :
View media item 2518
Luanne :
View media item 2525
And here's a comparison of the three, at full-length to show their body shapes as well. From left to right, they are Luanne, Scarlet, and then Calleigh.

Luanne 02.png

And yes. I will do a matching pack for Dusk once all of the Dawn ones are finished.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, we've been super busy the last couple of days. But I did get a few more of these saved out, and I will try to get some renders up later on to show.

I'm glad everyone is liking them... My aim is to let this be capable of mix-and-match, so that's why I'm doing head, body, and full shape preset saves.

Anyway. I will try to get a few more WIP renders up soon. :)

And Pen - I hear you about redheads. My mother was a Fire Celt... red hair, blue eyes, and freckles...and the temper to go with! LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OK... serious question, folks. Before I get too much farther, I need to know if requiring Diva is going to be a problem with this package?

I am asking, because I find a lot of Pen's small morphs that Diva arrived with to be extremely helpful for me to fine-tune the way certain things look. I don't know if I should go back and remove those dial turns in the interest of reducing the number of product requirements, or if I should just put a general disclaimer into this mentioning that some of the face morphs use Diva's fine-tuning morphs and there will be error messages on those morphs if you don't own Pen's girl.

So, I'm looking for input.

Yes or No - do you all want me to remove the dial spins from Diva's fine-tuning morphs from these shapes, or leave them as they are? At least half of these shapes do make use of one or two of those dials, and that's because they affect the mesh in different ways than the HW morph packs do.

As it stands right now, the requirements for these morphs are as follows :
Dawn SE
Starter Morphs
Head Shapes
Body Shapes
Head Morph Resource Kit (Sorry, I keep trying to make morphs without this to reduce product requirements, but I just can't work without it.)
Diva (the cheek, nose, and chin morphs)

Let me know what you all want, and I'll try to accommodate as best I can. Thanks. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I certainly don't mind if you make Diva a necessity, but then again, if you state exactly which of Diva's morphs would be necessary, a prospective customer can decide whether they would need those morphs. If they don't think they'll need them, then the rest of the package should work OK.

Of course, the final decision is yours, so let's see what the general consensus is before you decide what you're going to do.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don't think we're a good resource for asking the question. That's a long required product list. The question is how many folks have ALL of them?

I think I have them all, but I'm not sure about the Head Shapes. Will have to check.

Your potential customer base is the target for this question...........those of us who develop for Dawn probably have them all. The question is, do your other customers?

on edit:
Yes, I have them all.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's a good point Traci...

Seliah, maybe post a with and without render so people can see what they add?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Between the two, the Diva morphs would be the easiest to drop. There are a very large number of morphs in use from the head resource kit on about half of the shapes. As much as I try, I just cannot work without those packs. There are too many gaps in the "standard" head and body shapes.

Now of course if someone is only interested in head morphs, then they don't need the body shapes, and likewise, if they're only interested in the body morph, then the resource kit, head shapes and (maybe) Diva, are not needed.

My concern is the long product list. I don't like it, but even removing Pen's morphs, it still has a long list, and the resource kit morphs are just... not removable for many of the faces.

I'll run a few comparison renders and get them up so it's evident what I mean... dropping the resource kit morphs is a very drastic change.

The starter morphs, head shapes, and body shapes are basically "standard" at this point. I don't think there are a LOT of people making art with Dawn, without those original morph packs.

The Diva morphs, I think I can drop if I have to. So I think the bigger question will be the resource kit morphs...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Silly question...I normally make my own morphs so don't know(which is why I'm asking.) What are the restrictions with using the merchant resource kit morphs?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure Pen, but as a merchant resource, I'm assuming you can use it for whatever you want, EXCEPT to reoffer it as is. At least that's how I always thought merchant resources were meant to be.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia - What Miss B said. To my understanding, it would need to be distributed as dial presets - aka Shape presets in DS, INJ/REM files in Poser.

To wrap the resource morphs into a "custom" morph, not only would this add a new morph dial to Dawn for each face, but I don't think it would be a legal way to distribute the settings, because the end user would end up not needing to own Chris' morph kit, or any other morph pack that was used on the face shape(s) in order to use the results of those packages.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
The starter morphs, head shapes, and body shapes are basically "standard" at this point. I don't think there are a LOT of people making art with Dawn, without those original morph packs.

I do. I rarely use anything BUT DawnSE unless I am doing promo renders.

I use the face morphs in DawnSE a lot, but not many other morphs except nails and expressions.