• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Merchant Resources

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering there were any nice merchant resources that are free or cheap that I can use for my characters. I am working on my first character and she is for Dawn, but I don't have much to use except for a head morph resource kit. I will have to alter the skin and eyes myself as well as make my own makeups. Then I will have to figure out how to shape the body without a resource kit. I am also really new at doing this so i am also learning as I go. Can any help me out with anything? That would be greatly appreciated!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Are you doing a commercial or freebie? Because if it's commercial, the skins that came with the Dawn figure are merchant resources, both the original and the SE. Same for Dusk and Luna.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oops, just read your post again and it's morphs you're after. Dvl has a nice package on sharecg. And all the HW morph packages including what came with Dawn can be used for resources too.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Oops, just read your post again and it's morphs you're after. Dvl has a nice package on sharecg. And all the HW morph packages including what came with Dawn can be used for resources too.
I thought that the ones that came with Dawn was only allowed to be used as a shape preset and not part of a custom morph?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The morphs in Dawn and the HW morphs are not MRs..in other words, you can not create morphs using them that would mean people could just buy and use YOUR product without requiring the Dawn/morph product(s). It is the texture that is a MR

From Dawn SE Product page:

This skin texture set is also a Merchant Resource kit that can be used to create new products (not for creating freebies)

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
The morphs in Dawn and the HW morphs are not MRs..in other words, you can not create morphs using them that would mean people could just buy and use YOUR product without requiring the Dawn/morph product(s). It is the texture that is a MR

From Dawn SE Product page:

This skin texture set is also a Merchant Resource kit that can be used to create new products (not for creating freebies)
Can we make shape presets with the base morphs instead?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Shape presets are of course allowed just make sure you include in the ReadMe "You must own" sort of note.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, what Wolffie said ;).

The product would have to be required (there's a spot in submissions where you list required products). There are lots of products in the store that have presets (or INJ/REM) which dial up and dial down various existing morphs when applied. That's perfectly fine!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Color shift in Photoshop or what ever photo manipulation program you use. Use the Heal brush to get rid or move moles and little bits like that. Add in your makeups, tattoo's and / or scars. Make your own Iris maps, nail colors and lipsticks. You'll be surprised when your done how differently your finished product looks than the original.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just created a morph for Dawn using her Body shapes, HST MR combined with custom morph using the morph brush in poser.
This is a pmd morph with no information available in the morph itself.
So would the user still need those packs?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I don't know about the HST MR (not sure what it is you're referring to), but if you are using ANY HW morph packs, then your pmd MUST call for the body shapes.

Try it without the body shapes in any active runtime/library. If it doesn't ask for you to find the Body Shapes, you need to revisit it.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, ok. That one you bake the morphs in, and people do NOT need to have the product. Not so with the HW body shapes

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, thanks.
It is okay to use the body morphs in my retail character as long as I state that they need the pack, isn'it?
For Poser it is pmd anyway, in DS I have no idea.. Lol.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, as long as they HAVE to own the Body Shapes in order for that to work. It would require the Body Shapes