• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

Leana

Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Just in case no one has noticed this yet. But LAMH for iRay has been released.
It's not LAMH for iRay, it's a products which enables you to use a few LAMH products with iRay.
It works only with some of AM animals right now, because AM has to do some magic on the presets for them to be compatible with the Catalizer.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I hope it's ok to post this- LAMH is 1/2 right now at a flash sale at DAZ.

Hmmm! Might have to grab that and give it a whirl:) From what little I've heard it IS supposed to be easier than the Poser Hair Room which I have messed with some, but can be crashy if things aren't done a certain way/order.

Thx for the news.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys. Just in case no one has noticed this yet. But LAMH for iRay has been released.
Yup, snatched that up fast as lightning. NOW I can get back to using that to make presets for Dusk and Dawn. I'm so happy. Probably won't have any time until my next full week off, which is in Sept but I'll try to find a few here and there to fiddle and re-familiarize myself with the plugin!

Leana

Enthusiast
NOW I can get back to using that to make presets for Dusk and Dawn.
In case you missed it, it bears repeating: this won't work for your custom presets, it works only with "Catalyzer compatible" presets created by AM. He said that the tools he uses to make those presets is not ready for anyone else's use right now.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, found the support page at the DAZ forums... sure enough, for now this plugin only works for Alex's animals, he is considering making it a full on plugin but says there is allot of math involved so it's really going to be allot more work for he and Ken to do all this. So I guess it's back to the waiting game on this. I did buy it to support his efforts since he and Ken are the only one's currently making dynamic hair for DAZ Studio. So it goes.......... :unsure:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
There is a switch in the LAMH UI's that have a way to use the underlying coat color to shade the hairs. Been a while so I have no idea what that switch is called.

Any advice on how to avoid these little "fireflies" when I render in Studio? I tried all my tricks but can't get rid of them. I assume it has something to do with specularity settings, on the fur surfaces, but I can't figure it out. Help anyone? Is the issue re lated to the initial LAMH file set-up? Thanks in advance anyone.

hivewire3dcat1.jpg
hivewire3dcat1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Andre, welcome to the HiveWire forums. I don't use the latest version of DS, so can't help, but perhaps VB will see this post and give you some help.

Nice posing of Kitty, BTW. ;)

fabiana

Inspired
Contributing Artist
here I am hello... waiting to know if there is any easy way to render out precious cat in Iray... with fur???? I have ZERO idea abotu how to do it, or even how to use the plugin... can someone tell me if this empty head can do it?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Fabi, good to see you. :)

Unfortunately, I don't use the latest version of DS, so have no idea how to use the LAMH plugin for the fur, or how to render with the Iray render engine. That said, I'm sure one of our DS regular users who have played with it, will show up to give you some pointers.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hi Fabiana! load the cat and pose him as you like...make the scene ....you need the plugin installed ..then go to "window/panes (Tabs)/" and click on "look at my hair" the tab will show...select the cat...in the look at my hair tab select "attach LAHM preset" and search for the folder preset you saved....wait till it is loaded...it takes a bit.
now you can see the green guides...in "hair quantity" put the amount you want (saiyaness have some tips in the links at the first page of this thread)
For Iray you need to use the "to obj" select the cat if it went unselected and click on "to obj" this will create an obj attached to the LAHM group (if the cat was selected the name of the new attached group will be "HiveWireHouseCat_Grp_0"
now you can hide the other parts of the LAMH group (don´t delete)
select the "HiveWireHouseCat_Grp_0"and apply the "Iray uber base" (you can then modify the glossines and other parameters for the hair) render on Iray...and you got it!
hope this helps!