• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Known SSL issue with Android phones and tablets

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We have SSL installed on our forum server which is our assurance to you that we are who we say we are when you visit us. For some reason people who are visiting on android phones and tablets are getting a warning that we might be trying to steal information.

If you select "advanced" when you get the warning, you can choose to bypass it.

We are looking into it why this is happening.

Thank you!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm rarely on the forum with my tablet, but this is good to know if I do run into the problem in the future.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I found I can get onto the forum with no problems via the forum link in the shop menu..
Typing the forum url into the browser brings up the error.
This is posted using my Android phone ;-)

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Havent had any problems on my samsung note 8, dont know if that helps anything.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not sure if this will help you or not, Lisa, but I have an Android phone. It's an HTC Desire.

The only message I get when I come to the forums from the phone is a "Security Warning" that simply says "There are problems with the security certificate for this site. This certificate is not from a trusted authority."

Not sure what that means, but all I have to do is click "Continue" and I can get to the forums just fine. The message only comes up when I first go to the forums, and the rest of my browsing on the forums in that session is fine, no further errors.

Not sure if that helps any, but that's what I see from my device.

eclark1894

Visionary
When I log in to the forum here on my business' WI-FI, I keep getting a security notice about Hivewire's security certificate. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Not something to worry about, I'm sure - I have that happen at trusted sites all the time. But I'll let Lisa know. Thanks!

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Are you logging in on a mobile device from work?

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
We do have a known issue with the security certificate and android mobile devices that we haven't worked out yet.