• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Installing Poser 11 to another drive

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I have both Poser 2014 and Poser 11(both pro versions) on my D: Drive and my runtime on an external hd.

I can't remember any problems setting it up though. I just changed the drive when installing like I always do.
I have the same situation, but with my programs on a C: SSD drive and my runtimes in a mirrored D: internal drive(s). I don't remember having any problems setting up or linking to my runtimes.

I suspect the change came because of Windows. To let Poser write to its main runtime without making your machine less secure, the library cannot be in the Program Files folder. One of the most frequent questions I saw from newbies since Win 7 had to do with permissions and changes to the main runtime in the Program Files folder.

The UI issue is a PITA. I like the interface layout well enough, but I wish it was built in something more flexible, accessible, and standard. If you ever take screenshots, you can actually see how certain things are placed by hand and not actually aligned, because the interface doesn't work on a grid. That said, I know that they've done a lot to use an old, specialized system in as structured and standard a way as possible. Recreating the whole interface in a new system would be a huge undertaking, and I'm not sure it would have much of a payoff for them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm using win 7 but if you write click on an exe file and run as administrator it's not normally a problem.