• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need encouragement, love and prayers…

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Forgive me, can't read your posts McG.... I'm in SUCH a bad place... but I will in the future.

McGyver

Energetic
Forgive me, can't read your posts McG.... I'm in SUCH a bad place... but I will in the future.

Okay... Sorry.
I just want you to know that I'm not making light of your situation or anything.
In the past I've been though some pretty crappy times and I find that sometimes flipping life the bird and laughing can make bad times smoother...
Or get you a free straightjacket.
But anyway, as best you can, feel better and try to find something that'll make you smile.
Be well.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I ended up with this mouse,
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackman-Marble-Four-Button-Programmable/dp/B001F42MKG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498070579&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+trackball+mouse
BUT it has no scroll wheel!! So believe it or not I have my thumb trackball nearby with the ball removed so I don't accidentally thumb-use it, just to scroll! You can't believe the many types of software that really need that scroll wheel� My Photoshop zoom, my poser library (browsing through it) or being online when I want to scroll down the page quickly. I haven't figured out where to put it because just to the left of my new trackball is my re-attached tablet. The very fine brush work I still need the pen to do that and I think I can do it without moving my forearm and shoulder too much, or not at all. Suffice to say I have a crowded keyboard drawer!

The hardest thing to deal with is that I was using a thumb trackball for so many years that the muscle memory is hard to overcome-to use my index finger and sometimes even in conjunction with my middle finger on the ball in my thumb and fingers on the buttons� Incidentally Logitech seems to have done away with the scroll wheel on many other trackballs except for the thumb controlled ones! Talk about stupid! A lot of the reviewers complained as well. But who knew you could actually have two Logitech trackballs plugged in at the same time!?! Poser got confused at one point and locked up so that alerts me to the fact that I'm going to have to save even more often when working in poser. But at least I seem to be on the road to solving the whole creating art situation. It's frustrating because with these many tools it takes longer to do all the things I used to. With the thumb trackball I would zoom around quite fast and do so many things so quickly. Oh well certainly better than not doing art!!!

Carey

Extraordinary
As you know, typing is painful for me, I can barely hold a pencil or pen any more so I fully understand having to working with disabilities... So you neutered your mouse, a gender neutral mouse, how politically correct....lol As always my thoughts are with you and nice to know your still at it...

Hornet3d

Wise
I ended up with this mouse,
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackman-Marble-Four-Button-Programmable/dp/B001F42MKG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498070579&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+trackball+mouse
BUT it has no scroll wheel!! So believe it or not I have my thumb trackball nearby with the ball removed so I don't accidentally thumb-use it, just to scroll! You can't believe the many types of software that really need that scroll wheel� My Photoshop zoom, my poser library (browsing through it) or being online when I want to scroll down the page quickly. I haven't figured out where to put it because just to the left of my new trackball is my re-attached tablet. The very fine brush work I still need the pen to do that and I think I can do it without moving my forearm and shoulder too much, or not at all. Suffice to say I have a crowded keyboard drawer!

The hardest thing to deal with is that I was using a thumb trackball for so many years that the muscle memory is hard to overcome-to use my index finger and sometimes even in conjunction with my middle finger on the ball in my thumb and fingers on the buttons� Incidentally Logitech seems to have done away with the scroll wheel on many other trackballs except for the thumb controlled ones! Talk about stupid! A lot of the reviewers complained as well. But who knew you could actually have two Logitech trackballs plugged in at the same time!?! Poser got confused at one point and locked up so that alerts me to the fact that I'm going to have to save even more often when working in poser. But at least I seem to be on the road to solving the whole creating art situation. It's frustrating because with these many tools it takes longer to do all the things I used to. With the thumb trackball I would zoom around quite fast and do so many things so quickly. Oh well certainly better than not doing art!!!

I have had one of these, or something very similar as this could have been updated, for many years. I used it on my main system for something like eight years and then swapped it for a gaming mouse, it is however still being used occasionally on my standby system.

I have vague memories that you used to be able to set it up so a click on one of the buttons allowed the ball to be used to scroll, when a have a few minutes I will check it out. Other than that I hope you get on with it well, I certainly like Logitech stuff, my gaming mouse is a Logitech G502 and my keyboard a G110. The keyboard must be six years old and is used daily and I think the mouse is about two but both have worked faultlessly.