• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Getting in the mood, I can't believe there is 12 month gone since the last one.

Party Prep HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Just the two of them spending Christmas at the cabin seemed a great idea, a moment of peace and refuge from the madness of everyday life and particularly the run up to the holiday. For all that she felt under pressure to make the cabin just right and her attempts at decorating the tree had left her decidedly underwhelmed.

Christmas Cabin.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a Frog Hotel in Carrara
yes

Frog hotels are a great way to encourage more frogs to visit your garden while giving them a safe space to live in.

What’s more, building a frog hotel is easy and fun and you’ll be rewarded with a croaky chorus of little guests in no time!

This has become a craze downunder and a tremendous way to help restore the wildlife after the horrific bushfires we had.

Riccardo

Adventurous
This Winter I didn't come up with a peculiar, somehow unusual greeting card.
As you can see in the first attachment, it's a quite classic one.
Inverno2023-1280x720.jpg

But...
If you still have a pair of red-cyan glasses for the 3D anaglyph images,
Anaglyph 3D - Wikipedia
please have a look at the second attachment and let me know if you perceive some tridimensional effect :)
(even though, given its colours, this is not the most suited image for a red-cyan 3D effect)
Inverno2023-1280x720-Anagliph3D.jpg

Best Wishes to you all
(Carrara render, as usual)​

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I had so very much hoped to have a short Christmas Animation, and at the start of the month it was going smoothly...but by week 2 everything went wrong, and now the renders have slowed to a crawl even at reduced quality...I do not even have an image...

Riccardo

Adventurous
I had so very much hoped to have a short Christmas Animation, and at the start of the month it was going smoothly...but by week 2 everything went wrong, and now the renders have slowed to a crawl even at reduced quality...I do not even have an image...
Don't worry, fellow artists know well that sooner or later this happens to everyone ;-)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
......................................................................................+
.................................................................................... /\
..................................................................................../..\
................................................................................../ .....\
................................................................................ /
o \
................................................................................/
o o \
............................................................................. /
o o o \
............................................................................... / o o \

............................................................................../ o o o \
.....................................................................................l l

Couldn't get rid of the render artifacts.​

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe looked across the room and remembered barren module they stated with just six months ago. It had been hard work but all involved believed it was going to be an asset to the colony. Tonight, first night, would tell and she hoped for every one it was going to be a massive success.

Cyber Club HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
After a brief intermission this is what I've been up to! This is Lucy (aka, Scary Girl) and named after my youngest grandaughter. Created in Face Transfer with body morphs and skin texturing from a 1930's picture of a young circus performer. The Carnival Mask is from B.E.T.T.Y. and the lighting is from Monochrome Iray by Colm Jackson.
Masque #2.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable
It's been so long since I was last here. I hope you all are still doing well! I feel like I have no time most of the time, but I am still getting things done from time to time. Thought I should pop back in since I've been doing some work with HiveWire figures again.

I got hooked on Hogwarts Legacy last year and been doing a lot of work with a character I adapted to it (he's still my avatar here). In October one of my HL acquaintances hosted a prompt list which I managed to finish a few pieces for. This one was for the Day 16 prompt of Male MC. After an exhausting day of classes and running around the Hogsmeade Valley running errands, Hellendil has passed out on a chair in the Ravenclaw common room. He spends many nights out rescuing creatures from poachers and helping others with their needs and doesn't always make it back to his dorm. His friend's cat came looking for pets and fell asleep with him.