• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Back to Buildings, this is the Commerce Hub

Commerce Hub  II HW.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The absolutely massive Interplanetary Embassy.
Imagine a Poser or DS figure stood at the entrance doors, this really is massive, the trees are about three times the height of the figure.

Impressive! It would likely require adjusting the camera parameters in Poser, so it doesn't get cutoff at a distance. I think Poser calls those "yon" for far away, and "hither" for close by. I didn't realize this until I tried rendering something large in Poser. ^^

Hornet3d

Wise
Impressive! It would likely require adjusting the camera parameters in Poser, so it doesn't get cutoff at a distance. I think Poser calls those "yon" for far away, and "hither" for close by. I didn't realize this until I tried rendering something large in Poser. ^^
It certainly does need some adjustment to the yon setting. By default mine seems to be set a 840 but mine finished up at 200,000, needed if you want a full shot and also be able to see a background.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It certainly does need some adjustment to the yon setting. By default mine seems to be set a 840 but mine finished up at 200,000, needed if you want a full shot and also be able to see a background.

This is also an opportunity to use that "environment" lighting Poser has hidden in there. It adds depth to large areas.

Hornet3d

Wise
This is also an opportunity to use that "environment" lighting Poser has hidden in there. It adds depth to large areas.
That is certainly something I want to try, the present renders are basic at the moment as my aim is to get the models working in Poser as there are 72 models and 62 materials in the full kit. There are a lot of small items I will only bring into Poser as I need them but there are 23 various sized buildings that I want to add to my runtime. I have about 10 buildings converted but it should get quicker now as I have all the materials in my runtime now.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am now getting to the end of the first part of my project in that I will soon have converted each building, about 25 in total, to work in Poser. There are some stunning buildings and I am not sure I have a favourite but the Botanical Gardens would be a potential candidate.

Botanical Gardens HW.jpg

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
It's too bad those sets cost as much as they do. I would own a lot more of them. Good value and many usable stand alone small props, but I'm not a production company so I'm limited to the 4 or 5 sets I've downloaded for free over the years.

Hornet3d

Wise
It's too bad those sets cost as much as they do. I would own a lot more of them. Good value and many usable stand alone small props, but I'm not a production company so I'm limited to the 4 or 5 sets I've downloaded for free over the years.

The kits are certainly not cheap and the initial outlay is massive for the average hobbyist but the cost are interesting particularly if on sale at the time. On sale I paid $99 for the kit which gave me 28 buildings so the cost per building works out at around $3.5, or $7 at full price, and that is ignoring the 30 props that are included. Also, while the building shown here is very big, the Interplanetary Embassy is around four time the size so at $7 it would be a great buy, so cost is not really the issue it is the initial outlay that is the killer.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Agreed. I finally justified the currency exchanges, international banking fees, and money laundering costs that such purchases incur here in order to pick up the P13 upgrade. The $99 US cost me just over $150 in local funny money so at regular prices these sets at $199US would cost me a great grand child and the vintage auto I no longer drive. My bank account would never cover the cost on it's own.

Hornet3d

Wise
Agreed. I finally justified the currency exchanges, international banking fees, and money laundering costs that such purchases incur here in order to pick up the P13 upgrade. The $99 US cost me just over $150 in local funny money so at regular prices these sets at $199US would cost me a great grand child and the vintage auto I no longer drive. My bank account would never cover the cost on it's own.

I have a similar problem you in that, being in the UK, I also have the problem of conversion so the kit actually cost me £82.82. I can get a bit better exchange rate but then there is an admin charge so it is a question of what you gain in the swings you lose on the roundabout.

The high initial outlay is going to be a killer for a lot of people and, while I am in the lucky position that I am retired with both a state and private pension, I had the think long and hard before I made the purchase. The big advantage of being retired I am able to put a little on a credit card knowing that you not going to be sacked or made redundant. Being in the UK I have to use a card for all my 3D purchases and so I give myself an cc allowance so that I can buy the odd little bit of content each month. So long as I am not tempted by too much in the Rendo marketplace in the next few months I will have paid for the kit and have my monthly hobby budget back.