• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have a question...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In many cases, Poser creates smaller, more optimized OBJs than 3DSMAX when it comes to props. I don't mind using them instead of the originals. And if you use Netherworks PoserFile Save, you won't have to extract the embedded geometry and fix the link to the OBJ because it does all that on its own. Big time savings.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I screwed up somewhere. I tried loading the pp2 file after running the Creator's Toybox, and while the refrigerator body will still load, the doors are missing.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Do you see OBJs for the doors in the geometries folder?
Open those OBJs in a modeler (or UV mapper) and see if they are intact.
If you don't see OBJs for the doors, open the PP2 file in D3D's Poser File Editor (or equivalent) and take at look at the remote geometry reference for the doors; note the OBJ name and address.

Geometry Stripper is minimal, a very small program. You have to place your props into the target geometries folder of a runtime folder, and then process the PP2.
The new OBJ(s) stay in the geometries folder; you then move the modified PP2 to the props folder.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I understand your props are made of multiple OBJs, and when you save it to the library, you have to tell Poser you want them to be included, or else Poser leave them out. This is yet another reason why I would personally make the drawers part of the prop, instead of using separate OBJs. To see is this is the case, open the PP2 in a text editor and search for the drawer OBJ name. If there are none, that's what happened. If you find the name, check the path to see if it points to the right folder. That should do it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I understand your props are made of multiple OBJs, and when you save it to the library, you have to tell Poser you want them to be included, or else Poser leave them out. This is yet another reason why I would personally make the drawers part of the prop, instead of using separate OBJs. To see is this is the case, open the PP2 in a text editor and search for the drawer OBJ name. If there are none, that's what happened. If you find the name, check the path to see if it points to the right folder. That should do it.
Okay, apparently Poser is leaving them out. When I checked the pp2 file the only obj. it referenced was the body, not the doors, and that's all that's showing up.

eclark1894

Visionary
You're correct - we require pp2 props to have the geometry stripped and the objs put in the Geometry folder (and there should be some templates provided for each item).
Alisa, one more question, if you don't mind. While it wouldn't be a great inconvenience to create a UV template for each appliance, except for the oven and the Refrigerator, which have digital readout images included, I only textured the appliances with a diffuse texture. Do I still need to include a template?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The reason we add texture templates to our products is to allow customers to create their own textures. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Besides ... trendy people might want stainless steel appliances or black glass.

Or ... green or yellow if they are going for a 50s/60s look /shudder

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
but! but! what if I wanted a Dr Who fridge!
DrWho.jpg