• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Back to back typhoons, torrential rains, electricity on and off, I am tethering to my phone to get a little internet because my provider lost connectivity from the storm somewhere in Manila, I can't get in touch with my bosses or my ship for the same reason, and my roof is leaking again.

Other than that, the vacation is going fine.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I suspected weather in your neck of the woods isn't good this time of year. I saw something on Weather.com the other day about a major typhoon brewing off the coast of Japan.

Hope you get your Internet service back sooner, rather than later.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The Pacific Ocean isn't a nice place this time of year! Some spots are not that bad, but around here until November it's not a nice place to be. I don't know about the internet. I am hoping it comes back, but it was supposed to be back yesterday and it's still down. I am having the wife check on a couple other places and see if we can get a better deal all around.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I work for the US Navy on the ships that replenish the Navy ships at sea. It's kind of like a small town, in that when the day is done I don't have to commute very far to get home... But it's lonely too, and I am away from my family for the better part of 10 months out of the year, sometimes more...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I have 4 runtimes now. I have 2 backups of them. I don't envy you the task ahead of you Rob. Good luck and hopefully it won't be as painful as it seems it would be. And as everyone has already stated, it will be worth it when it's finally done.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The whole city is in a planned power outage. So me and my son are hanging out at a mall that has generators set up. Good air conditioning and WIFI. Too bad its only on my phone...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks y'all! The reason I started the "DISASTER" thread was to get some sympathy from you kind folks. Misery loves company but so does joy. It will be a pain but it will also be worth the effort. I'm glad I moved the majority of my storage to the GOOD external drive. I just checked and DAZ kept NONE of Aery Soul's aka Aeon Soul aka Alfaseed aka Alfafa models from runtimedna. I've corresponded with her and I think she just likes the idea of making her stuff exclusive and buy now or forever hold your piece. Her choice and a warning I learned last time I lost items.

I think everyone here is backed up (so to speak). I KNOW rokket is (love ya, bro!).

How is your stuff organized? I'm going to bake some cookies then return with my thoughts on the new runtime. I'd like some idea's for quick finding of sooooo many items that it killed a hard drive.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My stuff is organized in my public folder on my hard drive according to the Poser version it came from. So I have a library link to Poser 9, 10, and 11. I started with Poser 8, but that runtime is the same as 9, minus Tyler and Miki. And I have a separate runtime for Sasha now.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Ohmigosh! V4 got work done! Finally! I can't wait to try her out. Have you tried using any clothing or textures with her? Im not going to post a link in a Dawn Henhouse but a simple googling of Sasha for Poser told me all I needed to know. By the way, of the over 1000 downloads, only 27 rated. Shameful yet about on par with what I'm used to seeing. When I posted a comic page on Deviantart, I would get perhaps 200 views at best...more if it was "fan service" and perhaps 4 to 7 comments.

My basic runtimes are Poser 11, Poser 9 and DAZ3D. I'll be adding a new runtime for Non DAZ content as I go about reinstalling everything. Some of that stuff really took some searching like a decent chain and manacles. How can I have a damsel in distress without chains and manacles or a decent rope set?

So far I'm still breaking down categories. Like Buildings break down into Past, Modern and Future Buildings. Modern breaks down into Outside and Interiors. Then a category for shops and diners. Stuff like that.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I tried out a few textures and some hair. It all looked good. All of V4's morphs worked. And she does bend real nice. You can post anything you want in this thread. It's mine... ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
spider.png

The web she is shooting is post work. But that's the only post work I did on this. I stopped the render too soon again. I have to learn patience.