• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looks fabulous, Chris. I am sooo looking forward to Laurie's vision coming to life! (Like I haven't looked forward to everything you guys have done!)

I like both the thick tassels in the earlier screenshots, as well as the thinner second version tassels. But, my favorite is the new "more accurate" fringe. Those knots on the reins and fringe are really cool too. (Knots and me are yet to become friends)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks to Rae, I bumped up the Thoroughbred on my long list of projects since the Derby IS coming up:)

Here is the static morph obj

TBmorph.jpg

and me just playing around with dialing base Harry.

TB_RedChestnut.jpg

(so TB fans- who does this remind you of?:)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Big Red (Secretariat) ........ But not the original Big Red! (Man o'War) !! and maybe a little of Eclipse and Matchem!

Beautiful job Laurie!! I love his coloring! Mouth watering!! Can't wait Can't wait!!

We need to visit the florist in Kentucky and talk about that arrangement of Roses! Or well it's stargazer lilies for the ladies.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
YAY!!!!!!!!! Thank you Laurie!

And yes NA, we need some cleaver cookie to make a winners garland for our TB :D
Actually what Chris has been working on sort of gives me an idea have to slide it forward, but figuring out where the leaves are coming from is another story. Oh, but you could possibly texture the feathers as leaves. You pretty much have all you need just have to parent them to the cloth and make a bow, for the Triple Crown garlands, Lisa's Roses (Kentucky Derby), Preakness (Black-Eyed Susans), Belmont (Carnations).
And the Fillys run for the Lilies the day before the Derby. So, Lisa's Asiatic lilies would be for them.
California Chrome 2014 Derby win jockey Victor Espinoza.

There's the stargazers.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL ! Well you can use just the blanket for like say Breeders Cup with a few modifications via transmaps.
LOL I always get a kick out of the Kitten's Joy babies! This is Stephanie's Kitten, followed by Big Blue Kitten, and Pounce. Jockey is Joey Albarado.

One of my favorite images! Child-Like Bliss!

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
As much as I want your appy's.... this is a MUST HAVE!!
@CWRW Stunning (and the liver one too, Laurie!)
I hope @Ken Gilliland is working on his tack conversion for Harry... AND we NEED racing silks JOCKEY OUT FIT for Dusk!!! @Ken1171 maybe our other Ken could do that? Of course the BOOTS would be a challenge... and then there would be a Jockey body morph for Dusk?....
Sorry got carried away!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I hope @Ken Gilliland is working on his tack conversion for Harry... AND we NEED racing silks JOCKEY OUT FIT for Dusk!!! @Ken1171 maybe our other Ken could do that? Of course the BOOTS would be a challenge... and then there would be a Jockey body morph for Dusk?....
Sorry got carried away!

I'll be finishing up the Racing Tack for Harry right after I get my projects done for my Audubon sale ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sorry got carried away!
I've been kicking around a few jock morphs for Dawn and Dusk possibly using CG Cubes sculpted some of those guys are totally ripped even for their shortish stature, but it will have to be in a range that it fits Ken's Silks so probably not anything too drastic. So may be just a Pose for you Poser guys or a Shape set for you Daz users that you can apply.