• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Horse issue in DS4.8

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Whenever I load Harry, he comes up as a foal, doesn't matter if I select him, himself, or select directly from one of the breeds, which I assume means, that the problem is with the main horse. I have to always go in and turn off the foal dial.

I have re-loaded the Harry base file several times by the copy/overwrite option. I have tried to save him as an updated asset. Nothing seems to fix it. This has been going on for months.

So, I'm turning to the experts!
Thanks

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have you tried reinstalling Harry? Sounds like something has overwritten the file...the other thing you could look at are any morphs you've recently bought or installed are any set up to load automatically...sounds similar to the problem I had with Deidre's scaling.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have reloaded him 3 times, including just doing a copy over the files with new files. I have all the breeds, but don't know of anyone else having this issue. I think the only thing that I have left to try is to completely remove Harry and reinstall. I just hate doing things like that. Thanks for the advice.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not that I know of? I did a morph for my Fairy Steed, way back. But I haven't loaded it in months. So, don't know if it somehow loads as on? But, if I'm not using it, why would it affect Harry? It's not a dial, it's a double click to activate kind of morph.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure Dakorillon as you know I had to get Pauls help to fix my problem. An easy way to check is remove your morph to somewhere else and see if you still have the same problem. If you don't that's what caused it. If you do something else is causing it.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, I removed the morph, and removed the morph, and removed the morph, and then removed my two "extra" libraries....and It's finally fixed. lol. So, now to dig in to figure out where the extra copies are, since I obviously had a lot of them! Ah, earlier, work, when I didn't have as good a work flow.

Thanks Pen! That was driving me crazy. On the other hand, my little mini-horse morph doesn't seem to cause the same issue....I think. I'll know once I get the extra libraries reinstalled.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Put them back one at a time and check after each install...it's the only way to find the culprit and it probably only will be one of them. I'm pleased you were able to resolve it.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I broke it again, I'm still trying to figure out where the culprit is hiding, But so far I've found 8 copies of the little beggar in various spots and name incarnations! Only when I completely unhook my personal libraries does Harry work properly.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I broke it again, I'm still trying to figure out where the culprit is hiding, But so far I've found 8 copies of the little beggar in various spots and name incarnations! Only when I completely unhook my personal libraries does Harry work properly.

Wish I knew a way to help you better track down the culprit, but if it helps, I feel your pain. When I was working on my first DS clothing item, I wasn't careful about where how I was saving files, and it caused a massive headache. I pretty much ended up deleting everything and anything I could find in any Daz library (as well as in my Documents folder, where I guess Daz put some stuff) and then brought it back in from Poser and started again. Otherwise I could never get my changes to save out correctly.

But lesson was learned. The next time I set up something in Daz I made sure that it had it's own library and that nothing was every allowed to leave the library.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear that...I would take all the morphs out of the base morph folder and put them somewhere safe. Then one at a time go through them and put them back until you find the one that is causing it. It's tedious but the only way I know to identify the problem.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I finally got them all out, without disconnecting my personal Library. So, now to do as you said and re-add them one at a time! lol. But, for now, harry is behaving!