• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Hivewire Horse Breeds - Tail/Bone/Setup Issue in Poser Pro 11

Kivuli

Inspired
Hi all,

I think I finally found out what was going on.

It's as weird and unexplainable as anything, but...

In Edit->General Preferences->Document, is the little, innocuous setting called multithreaded bending.

Multithreaded Bending.jpg

By default in a new installation of Poser, it is unchecked.

I always check that setting when I set up Poser, as I have a very well threaded machine, and it hasn't had a negative impact in previous versions.

That setting appears to be the setting that breaks the tail.

If I load the HW Draft LoadAll Figure with that setting unchecked, the figure loads normally.

If I check that setting, and load the figure, the tail breaks, as detailed above.

If I then uncheck the setting again, delete the figure and reload it from the library, everything goes back to normal, and the figure is fine again.

I'd be curious to see if changing this setting breaks the tail for anyone else, or if someone else has this setting enabled without breakage.

This breakage should apply/appear to/on any of the breeds/morphs that spawn from Harry, but not base Harry - (Draft, Arabian, Shetland etc)

I don't know how far back in Poser that particular setting goes, but it exists in Poser Pro 2014, and I have it checked in that version and everything is fine....

I'm still not sure whether to be annoyed or relieved....

-Kivuli

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd be relieved if it seems to have fixed your issue, it means you can play with the pretty pony now :D

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well look at that. I didn't have that option checked, went in and checked it, and low and behold when I loaded the Draft preset, the tail broke. So I went back and unchecked it and the tail was fine again. So yeah, I think you found it, what ever it is.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Wow, not what you would have expected. Glad you found it! Still puzzled as to the why, but someone with greater technical knowledge might be able to explain?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Paul said to me it could be a bug in Poser 11, as it doesn't seem to be an issue in PP2012 or PP2014