• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gazebo

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Thank you, Satira Capriccio - I'd want to use the gazebo and the stairway, but I had in mind a terrain with a little automatically animated waterfall running under the stairway, and automatically animated flames for the lamps, with IDL emitters (for Firefly; LightPath boost nodework for Superfly) to make them actually illuminate the scene in Poser 9 and up. P8/Pro2010 have IDL, but would require the lamp glass to be a separate prop - not likely.
If the stairway is also separate, I could offer this as an add-on pack.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That sounds fabulous Seachnasaigh.

I would think the stairway would be separate so it could be used with either the stump or the antlers. One of the coolest things at HiveWire is that Chris takes our requests into consideration when he's developing products. And I imagine he'd love to have you offer an add-on pack.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That sounds fabulous Seachnasaigh.

I would think the stairway would be separate so it could be used with either the stump or the antlers. One of the coolest things at HiveWire is that Chris takes our requests into consideration when he's developing products. And I imagine he'd love to have you offer an add-on pack.
I couldn't agree more, and welcome to the Hive forums Seachnasaigh. I'm familiar with your work, and look forward to seeing what you come up with. ;)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
That makes sense, Satira. Now, looking at the gazebo store description, I realize that it lists the parts:
  • Fantasy Gazebo
  • FG HoneyBees
  • FG Leaves
  • FG TreeInsert
  • FG Windows
So I would expect the add-on stairs/stump/antler set would similarly list the parts.

Thank you, Miss B.:)

Mivan

Admirable
I'm wanting to show some of the work that we put into our Gazebo we released a while back. I'm still hopeful that Lisa will be able to finish mapping the stairs and with the fallen tree (shown in screen grabs), and get out a second phase to the base gazebo.

I think this is a pretty cool project. Lisa had found a photo of a gazebo that she liked and asked me last February to model it for her, at least create something inspired from it. So this is the result of that effort.

View attachment 2437 View attachment 2438 View attachment 2439

I will be one of the first to purchase this one! Would like to make a request though. If a model of the trunk, limbs and branches of a very old tree could be made I would jump on that one as well. It looks like you have a great start already with the gazebo base tree.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I will be one of the first to purchase this one! Would like to make a request though. If a model of the trunk, limbs and branches of a very old tree could be made I would jump on that one as well. It looks like you have a great start already with the gazebo base tree.

We do have something that sounds like what you are looking for in the store

Fallen Tree Value Stack

There is a sale on the stack right now which gets you all four items for a bit over twenty bucks. The tree in this pack is the same one that's with the stairs so textures will work on it as well.

image.jpeg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm SO looking forward to the 'rest of' the Gazebo!! I'm currently using your wonderful Fallen Log with my Dawn "hippie chick" piece I'm doing! It's so beautiful and realistic... nothing else would do! :)

Mivan

Admirable
Thanks Lisa! Sorry for being late replying on this. I will head over to the store straight away!

Mike

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Testing the lamps as the lighting source (and the skydome) in Superfly; this would also work in P9/Pro2012 Firefly:

The vaporous flames are automatically animated, seamlessly looped every 30 frames (Superfly animation render):

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Thank you, Rae.:geek: Well, if someone wants to adapt the material effects for D/S, I'd be happy to cooperate. I don't know D/S materials, myself. To do this sort of thing, I'd need some manual/tut/primer on advanced D/S materials.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Testing the lamps as the lighting source (and the skydome) in Superfly; this would also work in P9/Pro2012 Firefly:

The vaporous flames are automatically animated, seamlessly looped every 30 frames (Superfly animation render):
That is so cool! I love seeing what can be done with something I've worked on. When creating there us always the feeling of someone after you taking it farther than you did. Perfect example! Thank you!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Whoosh! That's more response than I usually get even for a big modeling project, and this is just an illuminator add-on pack. Thanks, guys!:geek: (well, OK, mostly gals, other than maybe Napalm and Rae).

Still need to work up materials for P9+/Pro2012+ Firefly and test it, then check to see if it needs a separate pack for P9/P10 to avoid confusion of the P11 version's dual root nodes (one node setup for Firefly, another for Superfly, in a single material).
But that won't be difficult, it only requires some time. Then, pack it up and post it.:D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm a gal :p
(easy to remember "Ray" with "y" is a usually a boy and with an "e" is usually a female)

If I knew how to get a similar result in DS I'd help but I have know idea (I wish I did, its such a great effect! talented you).

And I think you'll find we are very vocal here regarding works in progress :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice...I struggle with lights in DS or Poser. Szark may know how to do it...or Seliah.

Seachnasaigh, would the animation also work in PP2014?