• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been working on Chin Hair for our Tiger. What do you think? Is this worth the effort?
It can work on all our Big Cats too.

TigerWork49a.JPG

TigerWork49aa.JPG

TigerWork50.JPG

TigerWork51.JPG

TigerWork52.JPG

TigerWork52a.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hmm, you've made me curious to know if the Lion mane can be done with the Poser Hair Room.

Laurie has created an impressive Lion mane for Poser using Poser. She may have abandoned it due to the fact that our base mane modeled with sheets or strips turned out so well.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PS As far as the neck ruff, (looking at tiger photos on google) it doesn’t hang down like that- it sticks out from the head on the sides... it’s shorter up towards the ears.. wider next to the cheeks - imho anyway... :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
PS As far as the neck ruff, (looking at tiger photos on google) it doesn’t hang down like that- it sticks out from the head on the sides... it’s shorter up towards the ears.. wider next to the cheeks - imho anyway... :)

I thought so too until Laurie showed me a few images of mature Sumatran tigers that she had access to.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Also don't forget- this will use a trans map- I always ask Chris to give me more space to work in:) Easy enough then to make a short one and longer one like Sumatrans.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks for the replies guys!
Now I’m seeing tiger riffs all over the place! LOL!
Even in my paint by number images

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Yay! (HiveWire won’t allow me the full quality ones, but the original looks like a photo!
Looking forward to buying the add on props.... except I don’t have poser11
But maybe after I deal with my health problems and get physical therapy to sit up and see my computer screen... I have to hope! Your models and Lauri’s map work inspires me!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Been working on Chin Hair for our Tiger. What do you think? Is this worth the effort?
It can work on all our Big Cats too.

View attachment 53103

View attachment 53104

View attachment 53105

View attachment 53106

View attachment 53107

View attachment 53108
Chris as I always seem to try and indicate, anything and everything tht will bring the figure/character/pop/whatever closer to a more realistic looking item WITHOUT bringing Poser to its knees in a render, is WORTH ALL the effort. Looks good!

Harimau

Eager
For me the Sumatran tiger, though much smaller and less impressive, is the more striking in appearance. Its prominent ruff. darker coloration, thinner and less closely spaced stripes make it stand out as a very handsome animal indeed! There used to be 9 subspecies of the tiger. Sadly, 3 are extinct and 1 hasn't been sighted for a long time and is probably extinct leaving only 5. The latest consensus is that there are only 2 subspecies - The Sunda (Panthera tigris sondaica), and the Continental tigers (Panthera tigris tigris). The previous subspcies are now considered "Populations" (in other words, Races, like Caucasian, Asian, African, and Australasian in humans). The Sumatran tigers are the last of the Sunda subspecies, the Javan and Bali tigers being extinct. All the other subspecies are Continental tigers. While I am at it, I'd like to introduce one very special tiger, the earliest tiger ever found:

The Longdan Tiger (Panthera zdanskyi), a sister species of the modern tiger, lived in China in the early Pleistocene, about 2 million years ago. It is a different but very closely related species to the tiger. A complete skull and jaw was discovered in Gansu province in 2004. Despite 2 million years of separation, the skull of the Longdan tiger appears surprisingly similar to that of modern tigers. It is the oldest tiger ever found.

Panthera zdanskyi.jpg

Panthera-zdanskyi1-738x591.jpg

For more information see World's Oldest Tiger Species Discovered
Original Paper: Oldest Known Pantherine Skull and Evolution of the Tiger

Last edited: