• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

Nod

Adventurous
I am so sorry to see the store closing, but with these hard times it is happening everywhere. I would like to extend to the vendors to bring your items to our store Fantasies Realm Market. We would be happy to house anything you still wish to keep selling. Contact me for more information and even if is an older item.
I went to have a nosy on your site and it appears to have a load of broken links. :(

Stezza

Dances with Bees
on a serious note......

1606960104537.png

well, serious if it goes to who knows where!! :inverted: :devil" :happydance: :flower02:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm good question. I would think they'd still want to show off the items in the store, even though the store will be on another site. Of course, that's a decision for Chris and Lisa to make.

Roberta

Eager
On the main page, at the top, the name of the Share menu has disappeared. But if you click on Forum, among the various small writings you will see the Media menu. From there you find the galleries
Schermata 2020-12-03 alle 10.05.56.png

Benjamin

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Sad news, on the one hand understandably, on the other hand another independent poser store lost. Seems like only my 2 least liked stores will survive, sad as well.

Even though I’ve still got a small store with a few items left at Renderosity, I’m not going to add any of my items that are here. I don’t support Renderosity’s forced pricing to protect their top sellers. Many of their policies are very ‘small’ vendor unfriendly. Sadly that means even more of my poser items will be lost forever.

After Content Paradise closed, I was already facing the move and repackaging of 100’s of products. Due to all the various store policies and formats, it would mean I had to render over thousand new promo, on top of the repackaging. I couldn’t bring myself to it. I decided to retire all my poser products at that time.

Then came forced retirement of various products here and at Renderosity and I decided to just give up. I guess this is pretty much the final blow and 3DToons will go into retirement all together. It’s been a blast, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Wishing you guys well and all the best. Hopefully you will become top sellers at Renderosity, since those are treated very well.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sad news, on the one hand understandably, on the other hand another independent poser store lost. Seems like only my 2 least liked stores will survive, sad as well.

Even though I’ve still got a small store with a few items left at Renderosity, I’m not going to add any of my items that are here. I don’t support Renderosity’s forced pricing to protect their top sellers. Many of their policies are very ‘small’ vendor unfriendly. Sadly that means even more of my poser items will be lost forever.

After Content Paradise closed, I was already facing the move and repackaging of 100’s of products. Due to all the various store policies and formats, it would mean I had to render over thousand new promo, on top of the repackaging. I couldn’t bring myself to it. I decided to retire all my poser products at that time.

Then came forced retirement of various products here and at Renderosity and I decided to just give up. I guess this is pretty much the final blow and 3DToons will go into retirement all together. It’s been a blast, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Wishing you guys well and all the best. Hopefully you will become top sellers at Renderosity, since those are treated very well.

Really sad to hear of your retirement but I also totally understand. Thank you for all your work and glad to hear you enjoyed it as well.

Roberta

Eager

Benjamin, what is your seller name?

Aelin

Eager

Benjamin, I know we are currently offline, because we are changing our host (with the help of Kerya, I gave an explanation in that topic ).
But for what I remember, when Content Paradise closed its doors, at least one of our vendors passed some of her stuff on our marketplace. She didn't redo her promo renders, despite they had years.
Normally, FRM takes more square renders, BUT we have Summoner who does promo render for his products, in the same time for FRM and for his own site. Rectangular renders, which are accepted on the store and come pretty.
And if the team behind the store think it's good to change a promo render, or to add some, the team itself can make new promo renders to help the vendors.
FRM exists since 2008 if I'm correct (I came on their forum only in 2014, and I'm vendor since almost 2 years) and there always are old products for generation 3 for example. Poser, Daz, scrapbooking... all is accepted. The products removed from sale aren't decided by the team, but only by vendors when they decide to stop.

I have no doubt it's frustrating to see a good place closing forever, and what is the amount of rework at the first look. But FRM can be a solution in next weeks if you wish. And maybe you'll find another place accepting too your old promo renders and packages.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
For the record, Jen told me they are attempting to automate this whole process, based on experience from doing the same to transfer products and vendors from CP. She said they want to make this as painless as possible for us, and that there is a chance we won't have to redo promos. Fingers crossed!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
FWIW since I've been moving my HiveWire products over to Rendo the main things I've had to make (or crop:) specifically for Rendo is a square product thumb, 2 square images to their sizes and their 300x600 vertical banner. Most of the time I can reuse current images- just crop etc to fit their sizes. Since I normally make my product imagery 1600 x 900 those are not an issue over there.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm it would be nice to move my products over. I want to redo a few of them though, combine some things. If they could do this I could retire them once they are there right? Be nice for people to still be able to access them.

Roberta

Eager
Warning ! The main Tumb of the single product (the one that appears on a general page where many miniatures of different products appear) must have a base of 300px x a height of 350px. The Secondary Tumbs (the ones that appear on your product page and lead to other large images) must be 214 x 214 px.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The thumbs and promos are something I have mentioned to Jen, and that's when she told me they are trying to automate the transition, so we don't have to redo them all.

Me195

Extraordinary
I'm a little late. I'm sorry to hear that the store is closing. There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said, so I'll add my best wishes to the hivewire3d team and to the CA's especially the CA's who might become orphans. I am glad to hear that the Hivewire3d brand and the forums will continue. I think Hivewire3d figures are extremely valuable to Poser, DazStudio, Carrara, and iClone , and the Hivewire3d forum is the place where the 3d community comes together the best. I hope this change will bring a new found prosperity to Hivewire.