• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Higglety Pigglety Uv Islands

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Is there a way to straighten these out in z-brush when you do he uv-maps, (ie a one click job)

i always have to go into hex and manually straighten all the bits out in a regiment fashion. This one is gonna be a nightmare :(

why do they do it like this,is is so they can fit as many bits on as possible, cos if that's the case the up-down or L-R regimental fashion would have been better, :(

zbrushuvmaphiggletypigglety.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I need to work out how to uv in Zbrush it may prove easier than moving objects between programs. It's on my to do list for this holiday...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I was doing a bit of research for myself...and discovered this.
Using UV master once you have flatten the mesh you can use transpose to move the islands. If they are different polygroups while in draw mode you can still ctrl-click the flattened mesh to make the rest disappear. In transpose mode you can move things around using transpose. You can also still use masking with both tools from what I can see...

Dylan

Eager
Just a quickie before my shower and Friday night pub and club session. Yes, you can use the ZBrush Transpose tools Move/Scale etc. to optimise your UVs. I will post a video or screenshot instructions soon.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Dylan how to you stop the uv's from stretching when using transpose? I know it's a 3D space, so it's probably me doing something wrong...

Dylan

Eager
By stretching Pen, do you mean distorting? Holding Shift down while you use transpose (on scale for instance) gives an equal scale on all axis

jan19

Enthusiast
Is there a way to straighten these out in z-brush when you do he uv-maps, (ie a one click job)

i always have to go into hex and manually straighten all the bits out in a regiment fashion. This one is gonna be a nightmare :(

why do they do it like this,is is so they can fit as many bits on as possible, cos if that's the case the up-down or L-R regimental fashion would have been better, :(

View attachment 703

I think you have to rotate them all manually, which is a small nightmare. :)