• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hi I'm new here

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Hi everyone, hope I am posting in the right place. I'm Bonnie from Ireland (Dubin) and I am 16 and a half years old. I use Poser, Daz and ZBrush and one of my neighbours sons (Dylan) is a member here and suggested I sign up. I study ZBrush in an evening class that Dylan teaches, and I find it great fun altogether.
Elsewise, I love Facebook, parties and fun stuff. I'm on the way into the city for the annual gay pride march, just for the fun and maybe some booze if we can get into a pub. :)

Thanks all for having me here. Later...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Bonnie-

Welcome to the Hive! Dylan told us to expect you :) You posted in just the right place (but don't worry if you don't, as one of the community volunteers (they have tags below their names saying CV-Bees) or I will move the post to where it should go.

Enjoy yourself, look around, and ask any questions you might have. We're pretty laid back and everyone's very friendly & helpful. We have a FAQ area here if you can't figure out how to do something in the forums
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions.

So, have fun!

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Hello - I am mostly away from the forums, but I do help update the only English-Language Japanese freebies forum thread in the Poserverse, right here in the Hivewire3 forums. Purely voluntary on my part.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi, Bonnie-

Welcome to the Hive! Dylan told us to expect you :) You posted in just the right place (but don't worry if you don't, as one of the community volunteers (they have tags below their names saying CV-Bees) or I will move the post to where it should go.
Yeah, what Alisa said. I'm one of the CV-Bees, and if you need help, just holler. ;)

hi bonnie welcome to hive hope u enjoy it here and love to see wat renders etc u come up with x oh its so lovely to see youngsters of yr age doing programs like daz zbrush poser xx

McGyver

Energetic
Well, hello Bonnie!
Welcome to Hivewire 3D!
You probably can't tell, but I said that in a voice that sounded like Richard Attenborough, playing John Hammond as he greeted people to Jurassic Park...
I hope you weren't expecting dinosaurs...
Hivewire has been dinosaur free for almost six whole months now.
There may be some 3D ones but most of the little ones that were infesting the ductwork are gone now.
Or so I've been told.
Or I made the whole thing up in my mind.
It's hard to tell really.
I hope you don't mind long greetings...
It's been somewhat of a tradition that if I see a "Hello" post, I try and make the person (mostly it's people... Once there was a cat who was pretending to be a badger, but he was very mean and got banned)...
I try and make that person (or cat-badger) feel at home and welcome.
Mostly it tends to make people regret starting a hello thread, but I assure you...
Actually I can't assure you of anything as I have no idea what I'm going to say next.
But thats part of the fun of reading stuff I write... It's like a roller coaster ride in the dark with an incontinent badger in your lap...
You never know where it's leading and neither does the badger, who hopefully hasn't eaten any chile in the last few hours.

Well, anyway... As Alisa mentioned, Dylan noted that you might be joining the forums here.
That put me in a bit of a bind as Dylan is a wonderful chap and not at all a werewolf like I once thought, and knowing that someone who actually knew him in non-virtual, reach out with a stick and poke them in the ribs, real-reality, might actually be attending these forums and in fact introducing themselves at some point.
So not wanting to make Dylan, who is not at all a werewolf, though I have no actual proof... I didn't want to make him look like he had poor judgment, because I figured he would probably have mentioned that everyone at Hivewire was a nice person and we're all extremely awesomely helpful...
I don't picture him saying it exactly like that, in fact I actually pictured him singing it while riding a unicycle and playing an electric banjo...
But I assume that is inaccurate because unicycle riding, electric banjo playing 3D artists are fairly rare and what with Ireland's electric banjo embargo and super high unicycle taxes, would make the odds of that even slimmer.
Not to say that Dylan (who really, really, probably, but I'm really just guessing at it, isn't a werewolf), not to say he isn't dedicated enough to be an an accomplished unicycle riding, electric banjo playing, non-werewolf 3D artist.
If he wanted.
I have a feeling I've strayed from my point.
Excuse me for a moment while I go look up what this thread was about...

Well... That is good.
Okay... I didn't stray too far...
Welcome!
I also noted that you might be attempting to attain some level of booziness, which is fine I guess as the drinking age is different were you are as opposed to wherever the hell I am...
Seriously... I don't recognize this place...
Well... I'm not crazy about the dungeon look or the bars on the windows, but at least they have WiFi...
Anyway...
I suppose as long as you are just marching and not going to operate a flamethrower or motorized vehicle of some sort, it's probably no big deal.
Drinking and flying helicopters is a terrible idea.
Although I once operated one of those electric plastic kiddy cars down a flight of stairs after a "few" beers, which I did all in the name of science...
That was fun...
The next morning it proved to be less fun...
Apparently, I had not calculated earth's gravity into the equation...
Nor the door at the bottom of the stairs... Nor the stairs beyond that door...
Nor the concrete walkway beyond that... And the rosebush was a total surprise... As was the hill behind it.
That busy intersection below the hill was a known factor, but...
Really, the plastic car became a non factor fairly early into the experiment and the rest was mostly involved rolling and tumbling...
Anyway...

Hello.
I probably should introduce myself.
Actually, I just thought about it and that's a pretty terrible idea... I have a profile and if anyone were crazy enough to read it it would serve the purpose of further informing you of who or whatever I am.
Don't read it.
In fact don't read this post at all.
Bloody late for that now, eh?
Well... To be honest I'm just assuming you are not actually reading this at all, since most people are sane enough to see a lot of words and assume the person writing them is quite insane.
So if you are not reading this, congratulations on being quite sane...
Sorry about the other alternative if you are still reading.

But on the flip side, if you are still reading this and are not insane, you are probably quite persistent...
Persistence is a great asset in 3D art.
But I'm sure Dylan (who absolutely might not be a werewolf) has gone over that with you, as he seems to be a great teacher...
I'm only basing that on the fact that he sounds smart and his dog wears eyeglasses, which I'm assuming is because he taught her to read and she really like mystery novels and classic 18th century Russian literature.
For some reason pit bulls seem wacky for Trediakovsky...
Anyway...

Hi.

Well... I hope you like it here... If you are still here after reading that.

Please don't every let anything I write or say, reflect poorly on the other people here at Hivewire... They are all wonderful people, especially Dylan whom I've recently discovered is a werewolf...
But he is a great werewolf/person and a great teacher of stuff, as evidenced by his dog...

Well, I should go before you start questioning your sanity, or starting hating reading.

Have a great time and good luck!

Oh... Look out for Dylan... I hear he is a werewolf.

Great teacher though.

Bye!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dylan is a werewolf?!? Gosh. How did I miss that????

OMG. I really, really hope we don't have any vampires here. I'm not crazy about that whole vampire/werewolf/human type love triangles. We all know vampires are only interested in humans as food, not as love partners.

Seems werewolves pretty much also tend to only be interested in people as food ... at least during the full moon. The rest of the month, they seem to be trying to blend in with the human population so as not to be hunted into extinction.

Which is one thing humans are really good at doing.

I firmly believe McGyver is the only sane one in the United States. I'd have voted for him had he run for President. Guaranteed he'd have kept the House and Senate so busy spinning they couldn't do any damage for his eight years. Though it's entirely possible the Twenty-Second Amendment would mysteriously disappear ... in which case, he could beat FDR's record. It's really a shame that when we have a president with his priorities in the right place, he's limited to only two terms. Though the upside of that is that when we have a poor president who caters to the rich at the expense of all others or one determined to destroy the environment ... he can't "rule" for more than eight years.

McGyver also doesn't seem the type to spend his weekends living it up in places that cater only to the plutocracy ... thereby saving the taxpayers bazillions of dollars.

McGyver

Energetic
Hi Bonnie!
Welcome to Hivewire...
Wait...
This feels really familiar...
Damn... I hope this isn't another one of those time loop thingies that happens every time I turn the dial on the clothes dryer too far...
I'm starting to wonder if that's really a clothes dryer...
I'm pretty sure I keep losing the same pair of socks in there, only to find them on the floor a few days later in the future.
Well...
Welcome to Hivewire.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW Bonnie, you've been welcomed by our local madman McGyver twice!!

Consider yourself special in that regard, and if you're ever feeling down in the dumps, just come read any (or all) of McGyver's posts here in the forum, and you'll feel better in no time at all. ;)

The man does have a knack for putting a smile on everyone's face. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi bonnie and welcome to the hive. Great to have another zbrusher on onboard...Dylan is a good teacher of all things Z!