• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

McGyver

Energetic
By the way, I really wish you well with this project.
About two years after I first officially started doing 3D, I took what content I had collected and started categorizing it.
It was only a few GBs of stuff back then, probably in 2008 and runtimes were crazy places to gaze upon... Even though I was only dropping stuff in to folders of associated stuff and not installing it... That was a mind numbing experience.
I can imagine it's only going to be harder with vendors and artists.
I salute you good sir... May you succeed in this noble endeavor.

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of: if you know of any Poser vendors who should be on the list. Add their name to the thread. Preferably with the name of the store or website they sell at. I May even add freebie creators to the directory.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Speaking of: if you know of any Poser vendors who should be on the list. Add their name to the thread. Preferably with the name of the store or website they sell at. I May even add freebie creators to the directory.

Could I clarify whether that would include vendors who sell from their own site, i.e. listing the site itself, in case listing them in open forum would be frowned upon? I can think of one such which I use quite regularly and who creates mostly for Poser with very few exceptions, but is rarely if ever mentioned, which is a pity because most of their products are top quality. Sorry to appear a fusspot but I do want to keep within the rules!

eclark1894

Visionary
Could I clarify whether that would include vendors who sell from their own site, i.e. listing the site itself, in case listing them in open forum would be frowned upon? I can think of one such which I use quite regularly and who creates mostly for Poser with very few exceptions, but is rarely if ever mentioned, which is a pity because most of their products are top quality. Sorry to appear a fusspot but I do want to keep within the rules!
You could just send me a note in the inbox.

eclark1894

Visionary
Good start on a list of vendors. Even some I didn't know were still around like Xurge 3D, who BTW have a couple of REALLY nice outfits for Dawn.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good start on a list of vendors. Even some I didn't know were still around like Xurge 3D, who BTW have a couple of REALLY nice outfits for Dawn.
Yes, I bought one of them last year. Hmmmm, I should break it out and do a render. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Vendor list so far:
Lisa B.

Karanta

Tempesta

Netherworks

Dimension 3D

Glitterati 3D

WarTech

adh3d
AetherDream
Nerd 3D

Teyon Alexander

ArtOfDreams

Bagginsbill

Biscuits

chikako

DarksealStudio

Deecy

Ken 1171

Dreamland Models

Poserworld

Xurge 3D

Vanishing Point
Poser World
Phil C

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I see you have Bagginsbill on your list, but you don't have Snarly Gribbly. You should definitely add him.

eclark1894

Visionary
I am still working on the list. I wrote down some names on a piece of paper, but haven't added them yet. Snarlygribbly's name will go on, but I'm trying to find out if he has a store or website to link to. Not going to do much good to list a name and not be able to find the stuff they make.

eclark1894

Visionary
Also, my current plan is to list the vendors under the category they make product for.. Which means they may actually appearr under several categories. I'm going to try and keep the links from being too redundant though, so if you click on a vendor listed under clothing the link will take you to his clothing products. If he also makes textures, the link will take you to his texture products. Or th link will take you to his products page in whatever store or website. I also have to figure out what to do about Renderotica.

I find them so amusing. It's the site that no one is allowed to link to, but everyone knows how to get there.:sneaky:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Are you planning to list everything yourself (lots of work), or to allow vendors to submit their own links, or to maybe create some sort of script to help automate the process? If you use content management software then there are plugins that allow directory creation, and at least some of these allow submissions that then have to have admin approval before publishing, which takes out some of the work (and allows submission from people that you don't know about yourself).

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah, well, the toughest part will be collecting the names of Poser vendors and then tracking them down to their store or site.

And I have to figure out what to do about vendors like Lady Littlefox, who still creates for Poser but Studio as well. I'm not inclined to leave anyone out, but on the other hand not really inclined to have to wade through a ton of DS -only product to find one or two Poser products.

There is a similar problem over at Daz if you do a search on Poser content. Such a search comes up with some very long lists but also included are products for Genesis, which, while I accept can work in Poser, means it is very difficult to wade through the lists if you are one of those Poser users only working with figures that work directly in Poser.

eclark1894

Visionary
Are you planning to list everything yourself (lots of work), or to allow vendors to submit their own links, or to maybe create some sort of script to help automate the process? If you use content management software then there are plugins that allow directory creation, and at least some of these allow submissions that then have to have admin approval before publishing, which takes out some of the work (and allows submission from people that you don't know about yourself).
For now, I'm doing it myself. That may change.

eclark1894

Visionary
Crap. Esha's got stuff for Poser at both DAZ and HW, but the stuff at DAZ is mixed in with a lot of Studio stuff. I'll have to put her in a wait and see bin with Lady Littlefox.