• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help! I'm so much a DS user I'm totally lost in Poser!

Jan

Adventurous
Hi Rae!

There are a lot of free video tutorials over on Rendo covering stuff from Poser basics to advanced which apply to most versions plus the new series which deals with Poser 11/Poser 11 Pro specifically. Also as Miss B points out Snarlygribbles EZSkin3 makes life easy for Dawn. Please note the 3 in EasySkin. Earlier versions don't work with Poser 11/11 Pro! Have fun! :)
Excellent tutorials Rae and they have a new one each month, so check them out.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well I had a play in Firefly, first one is with the default skins and the second one used the EasySkin3 script. I used the Warm'nSoul lights NA mentioned above for both. And of course had to play with the colours of the suit :p
dawn test ff2.jpg
dawn test ff2easyskin.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yeah, that ES3 did a great job! (and Dawn SE in the middle looks more like she does in DS now)

I actually don't mind how it looks like the cutout on the black & green top looks like clear vinyl but I don't know how to fix that so its a proper cutout and shows as skin.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
yeah, that ES3 did a great job! (and Dawn SE in the middle looks more like she does in DS now)

I actually don't mind how it looks like the cutout on the black & green top looks like clear vinyl but I don't know how to fix that so its a proper cutout and shows as skin.

It's pretty simple really. In the material room select that material zone, then set transparency to 100%

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
not sure if that will work because that zone goes all the way from groin to chest so she'd look nakie in those areas too? (I used a trans map to make the cutout)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't have this outfit, but remember that transparency doesn't eliminate specular highlights. If the material you want to make transparent is shiny, apply the transmap to the specular channel as well, to make sure it won't shine over transparency. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
not sure if that will work because that zone goes all the way from groin to chest so she'd look nakie in those areas too? (I used a trans map to make the cutout)
Check your specular settings you may have to turn down or change them to black on the transmapped portion of the outfit if what Ken suggested doesn't work, but it should. See if that helps any with the shiny effect there. I know I gave my self headaches with the Regalia expansion set trying to figure that one out on the feathers on the skirt.

You can also use the dial setting to hide the mid section.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

This is using the hide abdomen dial setting and also Sora's thin waist gives you some nice curves.

Armor look is not perfect, but it's pretty close. If you use the dial settings and then hide the chest 2 on dawn you get the first image.
The third one is ............. well it takes a bit of work to get it to look like that.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I haven't even played with any of her shapes yet and I've run out of time, I'm only on the computer for a little time this morning because this time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go to the hospital so no more play for awhile.

Thanks for the tip Ken, Poser sure is different to DS. In DS I just plugged my transmap into cutout :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL yeah it's a bit different ( loading maps is a pain at times because you have to go back and clear out all the detached nodes with copy and paste), but pros and cons of both shrug wish there was a hybrid program.

HUGS! Well hope everything goes well for you and I will send you well wishes and prayers!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Rae, the Tenacity Bodysuit has a morph to turn off that area, however, it will turn it off all around on the sides as well, not just in the center.

I only let this SuperFly render run for about 20 minutes, so it's not as good as it could be, but I also did a screenshot of the Parameters Tab indicating the morph you can use. Just be sure you have the Tenacity Bodysuit's "Body" selected in the Hierarchy Chart.

HideSuitAbdomen.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B.
I made the transmap for when I had a play in DS as I just wanted the middle cut, not the sides, and got ambitious trying it in Poser while I have no idea what I'm doing :p I do like it shiny, makes it look like clear vinyl (and gives me ideas for other options) but also wanted to know how to make "clear" when I needed it to be. Looks like Kens suggestion worked.
Sora new test 2.jpg

Firefly render

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You can also go into the preset materials and go to BikeGirl 100% Transparent if you find a part you want to turn off just apply that shader.